This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade Failure

I had a notification that an upgrade was available which I ignored for a while but decided to have a go today. Once the move from 14.04 to 16.04 was complete the system rebooted to a black screen. I could use startx after a login but I had to remove lightdm and do dpkg-reconfigure on sddm to get it to boot to a GUI. Now I find that quite apart from the style changes like the garish login screen and bland themes (I'm assuming I might be able to get my splash screen and icons back with some fiddling) I can't stop it waking from sleep when the mouse is clicked and when it does the screen is blank. I'm thinking I'll just reinstall 14 but before I do does anyone know how to fix that?

Thanks.

You can or used to be able to disable wake up on mouse by toggling the appropriate entry shown via

cat /proc/acpi/wakeup

It's something that can/did change it's default, especially on biggish upgrades with new kernel versions etc.

A few places you can put the command to toggle it. Not had to do that for some time, but there is probably a up to date howto findable on askubuntu or via Google somewhere.
    On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Thanks but I think I'm going to go back to 14. I don't like how this one looks and there are a variety of things I had set up to work just how I like which just don't work any more, such the startup screen and other visual items, remote access, resume from sleep, playing CDs - 16 is just not working for me. I can't get the computer to work the way I want it to.

Comment

Working...
      X