Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installing Kubuntu for the 7th time this summer.. It's impossible to use Kubuntu

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I for one don't know. Hope he sticks it out.
    Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
    HP15 -
    -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

I doubt it. The OP is a rant not an actual request for help. No info at all on the potential clause, no info on what's been tried, etc. Just a complaint.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by logan01 View Post
        TeamViewer? Didn't know such an animal existed. Similar to the old remote login deal I reckon. Other than businesses and such, I thought that capability was reserved only for the big boys like Microsoft, HP, etc. I go through that kind of stuff on a near daily basis wall age groups here. Drives me mad at times but I just reflect on my needing help now and then. Play it forward.
        TeamViewer is the best remote access/control app I've seen that runs on Linux. The commercial version includes a hangout feature, in addition to remotely controlling someone's desktop as if you were setting in their chair and using their mouse. Bi-directional file transfer too. The ONLY fly in the ointment is that after you run it Teamviewer leaves a process deamon, teamviewerd, running. I suspect that it is a tracker, spy, call home with your data type daemon. When I used to run it I'd kill the daemon after I was finished.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

See Why Teamviewer keeps running in the background?
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Fortunately the teamviewer help described how to stop it. I don't believe for a second that they need it to be continually respawning.

It will start when Teamviewer is run, but doesn't stop when Teamviewer is stopped. A simple script fixes that problem.

However, when my last supported person (my sister's husband) began using an iPhone (and sometimes an iPad) he stopped using his Kubuntu laptop. His Alzheimers is making it difficult to run an iPhone now. So, I don't need to use Teamviewer. Except for him and a local HS teacher, who rarely calls me and says his kids LOVE the Kubuntu laptop I set up for them, all my other supported users have gone on to that big laptop in the sky.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
            X