This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flickering Top Panel

Hello everyone fist time posting here, I have Kubuntu 16.04 install and for the most part it's working well

I did notice that when I place my mouse cursor on the top panel it flickers a lot I'm assuming that's not some sort of effect because if it is I would like to get rid of it

Thanks so much
    Last edited by Robgoss; Aug 14, 2016, 04:59 AM.

16.06 is not a kubuntu version, so please confirm what you actually have installed.

There is not a top panel by default in kubuntu, so would help to know what you have done to get that.
    On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

It was a typo corrected but I think you get the picture, It is the top panel that come with Kubuntu I did not modify it at all
      Last edited by Robgoss; Aug 14, 2016, 05:16 AM.

Comment

As acheron said, there is NO default "top panel" in Kubuntu. To get a "top panel" one can drag the default bottom panel to the top, or drop a panel widget on the desktop and position it at the top, or are you referring to the desktop folder? That is usually linked to your home directory. I am not sure how one would make the desktop folder look like a panel.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
          As acheron said, there is NO default "top panel" in Kubuntu. To get a "top panel" one can drag the default bottom panel to the top, or drop a panel widget on the desktop and position it at the top, or are you referring to the desktop folder? That is usually linked to your home directory. I am not sure how one would make the desktop folder look like a panel.
          You might be correct I think it's the bottom panel just dragged to the top of the desktop. For some reason it's flickers when you hover over it

Comment

Working...
          X