Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sound is reduced to almost inaudible; how do I fix?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound is reduced to almost inaudible; how do I fix?

I lost most of sound volume a few days ago. It is almost impossible to listen to anything audio. When conversational, I can only hear a word or two from time to time. I have veromix installed and set volume levels to 100%.

When I attempt to open Kmix, the application does not open. I have removed and reinstalled Veromix but it still does not work.

I googled a site that describes my problem, but the recommendation for repair do not work. It is the only site I have found with help.

I have no idea what caused the problem, but I rely on video playback to keep a voice in the room. I am old and have no one to talk with and use the video related programs to keep me sane.

I have also changed the choice for audio in multimedia. No choice improves the sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Shab

Open a terminal and run alsamixer, you can use the arrow keys to select and alter volume levels. You may need to press F6 to select your sound card.
    Last edited by elijathegold; Jul 29, 2016, 02:07 AM.
    If you're sitting wondering,
    Which Batman is the best,
    There's only one true answer my friend,
    It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

I tried that. I have done that before, but when it opens, it doesn't seem to have adjustment ability. In fact, all the settings are at 100%. I have noticed it is only when playing Netflix. I played a movie from a file and the sound was fine. I suspect the problem is with Netflix, so I am sorry to have bothered you. Thanks Shab

Originally posted by elijathegold View Post
      Open a terminal and run alsamixer, you can use the arrow keys to select and alter volume levels. You may need to press F6 to select your sound card.

Comment

Working...
      X