Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kubuntu up and running with a few problems. Need some help.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu up and running with a few problems. Need some help.

I installed Kubuntu 16..04 on my Intel Pentium D, 3 GHz with 533 MHz 2 GiB DDR2.

I installed four times as I was facing a problem of USB modem Lava 730G showing as disconnected after restart. This problem is still there but I feel it is due to drivers not installed. Logitech on 004-002 is mouse Blue-tooth receiver of Mouse. Now it is not showing Lava 730G as Heuwai modem.

I found what is happening is dongle does not load on stat-up. after trying to connect and getting a message that service deactivated, I need to shift the dongle to another USB port, it works without any problems until next shutdown and restart.

I have downloaded Arduino ID and installed without any problem. If I compile for trial, compile is without error, but when I try to upload to Uno board I get an error that serial port is not available. Below is the output of lsusb and IDE error. It is clear that it is a question of permissions and drivers as per my guess. Please guide me to solve this problem.

IDE error:
    Using Port : /dev/ttyACM2
    Using Programmer : arduino
    Overriding Baud Rate : 115200
    avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "/dev/ttyACM2": Permission denied
    ioctl("TIOCMGET"): Inappropriate ioctl for device

Lsusb
    lists
    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 1dbc:0669
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 007 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 004 Device 002: ID 046d:c526 Logitech, Inc. Nano Receiver
    Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

Thanks for any guidance.

Re. the Ardunio error, "Permission denied" is your first clue. Try running Arduino using "kdesudo" and see if it works. You need to research device permissions and set up your user and system to allow you to access the device as a regular user.

For the modem, install usb-modeswitch and search on setting it for your device. http://www.draisberghof.de/usb_modeswitch/

You should really separate your issues and post only one problem per thread. You'll get more response that way.

Please Read Me

Comment

Thank you, oshunluvr

I am downloading the files as I am typing this. I will report progress after install.

Comment

Installed modemswitch, Sakia3G. Nothing works. Huawei user manual asks to pullout and plug in to a different USB port. I wished to buy a Huawei modem so downloaded pdf manual. For Linux that is their suggestion if it does not work. Now I am not sure what to do. I have to buy a modem compatible with Kubuntu. Period. I have done hours of Google search. Nothing about some HSPA modems. Some modems are Linux compatible as per reviews, I am checking it now.

Comment

Working...
        X