Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I make a mistake by installing 16.04 ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I make a mistake by installing 16.04 ?

Hi
    System: 3GHz Intell D CPU, 2GB 533 DDR, 150 GB.HDD.

I installed Kubantu 16.04 without any problem. I was thrilled when I was connected to internet through Lava 730G when ran trial. After installing however I get error that "account deactivated". it did connect two three times. I registered to this form from Desktop. After some time problem. Amarok refuses to play music from DVD. Video player reads mp4 videos as blueray. Checked VLC player, looks like they do not support this version. Downloaded Arduino IDE, I read that 16.04 is not supported. I will be very much grateful for any advice.

I have no idea what Lava 730G is or why your account deactivation would be the fault of Kubuntu.

Amarok is not a DVD player and doesn't support them or any other video disk, only audio CDs. Use a different program or rip (copy) the audio to your hard drive.

By "Video player" do you mean Dragon? I don't use it, but I have know idea what "reads mp4 videos as blueray" means. Dragon plays video from streams, files, and discs.

If you want the latest copy of VLC, install it from this PPA: https://launchpad.net/~videolan/+arc...u/stable-daily

According to this post and it's comments, Arduino works fine on 16.04: http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/...-1-6-6-ubuntu/
    Maybe you need to research more or just install it.

Please Read Me

Comment

Thanks for fast response,

I am perplexed. Due to some reasons I reinstalled Kubuntu to day. It connected to Lava 730G at H+ without any difficulty. Something changing in the system settings. I took out the Sim and it worked fine on mobile. Now how do I save the settings and make 730G work without problem is the question. I downloaded IDE for Arduino and Flash player Linux substitution and installed, went smooth. Hope I will not have any problem with Arduino. Trying to connect to VLC website as I am typing, it is not yet connected. I will download and install. VLC I am using from many years (15+) if it works nothing like VLC.

I will come back with whatever the outcome.

Comment

Lava dongle is on HCI mode

This is the report from lsusb reports,
        Bus 004 Device 003: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)
        There are some Ubuntu drivers, I will install and check.

Today it has connected with 2G mode, real slow speed. I was able to install Aurduino IDE 1.6.9-Linux64. I do have some problems as I am coming back to Linux after many years. I will learn, in time.
        Hope it will workout.

Still I would appreciate any feed back from experienced users about using IDE, VLC, etc on this version. Even now I can download older version and install. I may do that for the just to experience first hand.

Comment

Working...
        X