X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't install kubuntu

Hello everyone,
    So I wanted to install kubuntu as a dual Boot on my Windows 7 Machine. I have Made around 40 GB free for it and wanted to install it but Wien I Boot from the CD I alias get stuck at the point where it loads kubuntu and after a short time it shows me a text. I really don't know what to Do so I hope someone can help me.
    Pic: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ds307v8by..._0402.JPG?dl=0

I already tried 3 CDs so its not the cd

nouveau is the open source video driver for nvidia cards.

No one is going to be able to trouble-shoot your problem without any information at all: Stating it doesn't work is not information.

Please read this and try again: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...W-GUY-lt-lt-lt

Please Read Me

Comment

So the kubuntu Version is 16.04 i'm not going to install it inside of Windows i want to use it like a normal operating system. I got 8 GB of ram, my graphicscard is a gtx 960. More? Would it be better to install it in Windows? Because I got it on a Vm but I want to have as a normal operating system.

Comment

A quick search on Google for your card and error seems to suggest that the GTX 970 may not currently be supported by nouveau driver.
        On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Anything that I could do about it? Instand of buying a New graphicscard or getting a lower version of kubuntu?

Comment

Try adding a boot parameter when you start the CD. Try these in order:

nouveau.modeset=0
            xforcevesa

Here the How To from the wiki if you're not familiar:
            Changing the CD Boot Option Configuration Line

In addition to displaying a popup menu, the F6 key also activates in-line editing of the boot command. Pressing F6 brings up the popup menu. Pressing ESC, whether selections were made or not, removes the popup window but opens the boot command for editing. The phrase "Boot Options" is fixed on the left side of the screen. The command scrolls off to the left to leave the right end available for appending. The user may add additional inputs before or after the "-- ". Allow one space between each additional input.
            The "-- " entry defines the boundary between options which are specific to the installer and ones that are copied to the target system. Often you would like to copy the boot option to the target system, so add the option at the very end of the line, after the "-- ".
            This link describes a new way to use a boot option. Sometimes it must be entered twice, before and after the delimiter "-- ". We find it in Ubuntu Server 14.04.2 and when testing future versions, and we expect it to come into the Ubuntu mini.iso file with the version 15.04.
            • [*=left]Editing the boot command line.
              • [*=left]

• [*=left]Press the F6 key.
                • [*=left]If desired, select one or more options with the arrow keys, then press ENTER or the SPACE key to select them.
                  [*=left]Any popup menu option enabled when ESC is pressed is retained.

[*=left]Press ESC to remove the popup screen. The boot command line is now available for editing and will remain so as long as no popup menu is visible.
                [*=left]Leave a space following the "--" and add the desired option (A list of Common Boot Options which can be added to the command line is presented later on this page.). If entering multiple options leave a space between each entry.
                [*=left]The command will be executed when ENTER is pressed and the boot sequence will begin.
                [*=left]The F1-F6 keys will still respond and the user can make additional menu selections.
                [*=left]The command line will be accessible for appending until ENTER is pressed.
                [*=left]Pressing ENTER will start the boot sequence.

[*=left]Example Entry.
              • [*=left]Above is an example of adding the vga=771 option to the end of the Boot Options line.
                [*=left]Note there is a space following "--" and before the added option.
                [*=left]Ubuntu now uses Grub 2 as its bootloader. The "vga=" option shown in the example is deprecated in Grub 2 but will still work. After Ubuntu is installed on a system the user should make the appropriate graphics mode entries in the Grub 2 configuration files.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by Finesia View Post
              Anything that I could do about it? Instand of buying a New graphicscard or getting a lower version of kubuntu?
              No need to do that. Once you have it installed, you can install the nvidia driver and purge the noveau driver.

Please Read Me

Comment

Finesia, from your other post it appears you were successful in your install? Would you please - for the good of the forum - post what worked for you and mark the thread [Solved] if that is the case? Thank you.

Please Read Me

Comment

So first of all I wanted to thank you because it worked
                  Now I can use Kubuntu. Even though when I have the other problem but it works at least XD

Comment

And I thank you for posting back and marking solved.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                    X