This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LibreOffice colors

Hi, I'm constantly doing stuff for school and it's annoying not being able to see on the writer. Look at the colors I have:

So I can't see on my left side. I know if I set the clear Breeze on the Work-space theme it would fix it, but I like the Dark breeze. So how can I fix this or is there any other editor that I can use closer to Microsoft office (not the online one)? Thanks

A quick web search pulled up this, which might be of help. Found info here. I like Breeze Dark as well, BTW, so if this works, we may be on to something!
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Thanks for the option. Since I'm new to linux it'll take me a little bit to attempt to do it, there are some modifications to do and I don't want to mess up anything, I haven't even learned how to backup the "/" partition, if it's posible (sure it is! how I don't know yet ^^) anyway.. I'll let you know if it works, I read that there is support for the dark now in the 3rd version. After I finish with my physics hw I'll give it a try
      Last edited by Arturofm; Jul 18, 2016, 01:31 PM.

Comment

It looks to me like you've applied a Firefox theme to the top of LibreOffice.

I only discovered you could do this myself just recently. See my theme below. You get to the theme options by navigating to: Tools, Options, LibreOffice, Personalization, Own Theme, click on Select Theme. Then you can click on "Visit Firefox Themes" and choose from many different banner themes there. Or just choose "Plain look, do not use Themes" to undo the theme. I'm using LibreOffice 4.2.8.2 in Kubuntu 14.04 so it may not be exactly the same for later versions.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	LibreOfficeWriter_theme2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	643251
        Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
        Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod J View Post
          It looks to me like you've applied a Firefox theme to the top of LibreOffice.

Sadly not. That is just how the default libreoffice VCL plugin for QT/kde copes with dark kde colour schemes.

My normal imperfect workaround is to remove the libreoffice-kde package, and install the libreoffice-gtk one.

And/or set
          Code:
          export SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gtk
          in my bashrc

The GTK VCL plugin does not take up the dark theme.
          On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Working...
          X