This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PhotDRAW

Sorry, I meant to ask if it was possible to install MS Photodraw (not Photoshop) last week. It says it relies on aspects of IE4 and will install that first. I have never let it try.

Re: PhotDRAW

Based on your description, I suspect that, as part of the long ago anti-trust suit, M$ set up Photodraw (which I've never seen) to use the Internet Explorer rendering engine. If that is the case, then you can't run Photodraw without IE.

So the logical question is "Why do you want Photodraw?". Are there things that Photodraw does that Digikam, Gthumb, albumshaper, imagemagick, the GIMP, or some combination thereof (or the dozen or so other photo manipulation programs, I left out) won't do? Frankly, I doubt it. The only non-free image manipulation program that anyone can justify using is Photoshop, and that only because it's a standard in the graphic arts industry.

Comment

Re: PhotDRAW

You are right, there are lots of alternatives and I will must look at them. I only use Photodraw because its the first of the type I ever used and became familiar with it.

Comment

Working...
      X