Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to do a "print screen" of the Konsole display of errors but knew I couldn't do the necessary 2-3 actions required to save the .jpg capture.
    Copy Paste that Konsole info to a Post instead, no need for a Screenshot.

EDIT: Whoops, did not see all of the second page at time of my post.

Probably just a bug with "ls" or "lsusb", I would not throw them away, no way, if nothing else return them. Maybe they were just mislabeled, but that does not mean there is anything wrong with them.

Did you ever install "Muon Package Manager"? I think you can check for Broken Packages with this easily, or one can use the Terminal. Maybe you have more broken stuff we don't know about, like you had with Sound.

Won't hurt to run and update command again. You can do this different this time if you like. First run the Update command. Then take a look at what is available for Update.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    Then run the Upgrade command and take a look at what it did also. Eventually you will recognize some of what is going on if you do this often. If might even repair little issues with your system, or tell you if something is wrong. There is more advanced stuff to do but I am not informed enough to advise you. If you are asked what to do with an Upgrade, I always just choose the Default due to my lack of knowledge. It will just require hitting Enter each time, unless one it trying to achieve something in particular. You will see the Default answer as the Upper Case "Y" or "N", it can be either one, the lower case will be the other choice "y" or "n"
    Code:
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    Last edited by Nasty7; Jun 26, 2016, 02:56 PM.
    Dell OptiPlex 9010 SFF, 8GB RAM, i7 3770, Kubuntu 18.04, MB 051FJ8

Comment

If all is well tomorrow for a few hours, those 2 flash drives will likely go in the pond.
      I would make them make good on them. I've been using Lexar for two years without one issue. It would have been a good idea to link us to the purchase link, no personal info needed, just the link. I wonder if it is an issue with the Encryptstick software, I always take this off the USB unless needed, copy it to another drive in a folder if you want. The upside for me is that they are cheap and can just buy them from local O. Depot for about the same as online purchase, I'm still old fashioned that way. The Lexar Twist are fine for LinuxLiveSessions and even cheaper than the S Models. The S Models feel cheap, and I've not used them for long, but have used the Twist Models for up to Five years. I think the S Models are fine though if a little cheap feeling, they are Made or Designed by Micron also.

Which USB's did you get? S50 S75 etc.

I wonder if you checked your iso Hash when you downloaded Kubuntu.
      Dell OptiPlex 9010 SFF, 8GB RAM, i7 3770, Kubuntu 18.04, MB 051FJ8

Comment

I like Muon. I'll probably do those commands again. They appear to have repaired my audio problem. What harm could they do? I got the S23s. Had no idea there were different models within brand names of flash drives until I started this thread and began researching them. Regarding the battery, I thought of that, installed new battery, with no change in the freeze. When I was in Windows, I went ahead and purged my 2 flash drives and reformatted to FAT32 again. I checked them with 2 different software pkgs and they came back clean and functional. Now that I'm back in Kubuntu, I haven't used them and likely won't for the foreseeable future. No issues in two days. These are my first 3.0 USBs and I wanted to see if there is any discernible difference in download speed, such as, an iso. It might be my little pc, though 3.0 capable, doesn't have the horsepower to take advantage of the 3.0ness (new alpha/numeric word). These are very cheaply made as are my other Lexars. My others seem to do well over the years. The reason I don't like my SanDisks is because those preloaded security folders/files freak me out. I'm always expecting them to interfere with loading or in this case, interfering with running an iso. Baseless I know however, paranoia strikes deep, especially when gun shy.
        Last edited by logan01; Jun 27, 2016, 05:50 AM.
        Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
        HP15 -
        -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by logan01 View Post
          ... Does Kubuntu maintain a log of incidents and is there a restore function back to another date / time?
          I've recently discovered a very powerful tool that uncovers misbehaviors in the plasma desktop. It is journalctl. Rog131 tipped me off to it.

As far as a "restore" function that is why two and a half years ago I switched to the Btrfs file system. Before I make any major change or do an upgrade I create a snapshot before hand. When I am finished I create another snapshot. Btrfs snapshots are almost instantaneous. Along with an app called "snapper", and its proper config file settings, I have the ability to "undochange between the before and after snapshots, then I can delete the after snapshot, or even the before if I want to, but usually don't. If things don't work out I undo the changes using snapper.

Oshunluver, Dibl, Snowhog and I have posted extensively on Btrfs in Kubuntu. You can search the forum for those postings.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
            I've recently discovered a very powerful tool that uncovers misbehaviors in the plasma desktop. It is journalctl. Rog131 tipped me off to it.

As far as a "restore" function that is why two and a half years ago I switched to the Btrfs file system. Before I make any major change or do an upgrade I create a snapshot before hand. When I am finished I create another snapshot. Btrfs snapshots are almost instantaneous. Along with an app called "snapper", and its proper config file settings, I have the ability to "undochange between the before and after snapshots, then I can delete the after snapshot, or even the before if I want to, but usually don't. If things don't work out I undo the changes using snapper.

Oshunluver, Dibl, Snowhog and I have posted extensively on Btrfs in Kubuntu. You can search the forum for those postings.
            Thank you. I'll research the forum.
            Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
            HP15 -
            -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

One is here -1
              And here -2
              And here -3
              And here -4
              And here -5
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Me? I think you have me confused with someone else! I don't use Btrfs; strictly an ext4 guy.
                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Mmmm ... Another example of false memory.
                  Sorry!
                  (And I used to have a near photographic memory! I really miss it)

Comment

(And I used to have a near photographic memory! I really miss it)
                    You likely still do, but the images you're taking now are out of focus! Sorry. Age Abuse unintentional.
                    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                      You likely still do, but the images you're taking now are out of focus! Sorry. Age Abuse unintentional.

I Wish! I could use Gimp and clear them up!

Comment

Working...
                      X