Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. Are we done? If so, thanks for your help. I have begun screen shooting my lists of updates as they arrive in case something weird might be caused by one.
    Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
    HP15 -
    -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by Nasty7 View Post
      Okay, here is the Hash SUM you need, but you did not mention if you still have the iso, so this might have been a waste of time? Tell me what you have, iso or the dvd? This is the first thing we should do when downloading an iso, especially a big one like an operating system. I'll be back later if you need help, unless someone else will come along.

SHA256- 7d9337e7b19d74b197100035ffa4318999e2d6a875bba020cf e197faeb98e904
      The first thing one should do when downloading an iso is check the Signature of that iso, if you want to do that I will show you how. This may be better to do in another Thread, with a good Title "How to Check an ISO Signature" or something to that effect. This Thread is about Udpates, and weather or not to leave well enough alone. I don't think there is anything wrong with your Updates or you would probably be getting Errors or some kind of Crashes.

So if you want to proceed to see if the iso is good let's do that. It might be inline with making sure there is nothing wrong with your Updating System therefore we could do it here with a short explanation. Or if you only have the DVD then we can simply do a Integrity Check.

I also suggested to Copy the Updates to a Word or Text Document if you think you need to, no need to screenshot them, and you can't always get them all in the shot. It also makes it harder for people to help you, they cannot Copy Paste those results to do research for you.

Nasty7
      Dell OptiPlex 9010 SFF, 8GB RAM, i7 3770, Kubuntu 18.04, MB 051FJ8

Comment

Ok, thanks for all. New thread a coming.
        Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
        HP15 -
        -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

Working...
        X