This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boot Repair Results

I've been messing with this, that, the other of late, especially an audio issue I've had for a good month. Yesterday Nasty7 had me try [sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade]. I did that and decide I would shut down / reboot my laptop. The pc immediately bypassed Grub and booted to Windows, as it had a few times lately. Only this time the screen locked as soon as my HP logo appeared. Killed it once again, rebooted and toggled to boot options. Selected Ubuntu (Kubuntu) and marched on. Played a couple of Youtube music videos and all (audio) was well. Couldn't believe it. For the heck of it I ran Boot Repair that Qqmike had put me on to. That took a bit of time during which it generated a report (my option) I never saw. When finished a window popped up saying if there were still boot problem, I should enter such and such url, blah, blah, blah. Done for the night, I turned off my laptop which I rarely do. Moments ago I turn on the pc hoping it'd go to Grub. As soon as I hit / released the power button, there's Grub. Lightning quick. It normally takes 10-15 seconds for the Grub screen to appear upon a boot. I don't expect either to last though who knows. Thought I'd share this with ya'll. Thanks once again to Qqmike and Nasty7.
    Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
    HP15 -
    -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Working...
X