Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kubuntu 16.04 - I don t know what is wrong with my network?! I can t connect on net!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 16.04 - I don t know what is wrong with my network?! I can t connect on net!

I have a problem. I install Kubuntu on PC but i can t connect on firefox. Can someone help me. I hope that picture will help. It s my PC on my work and it s work network.

Thanks!

Those graphics aren't really helpful, except to reveal that you are NOT running Kubuntu 16.04, which runs Plasma5, not Plasma4. Your first graphic shows KDE 4.8, which is in the 14.04 release of Kubuntu.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

No, he does seem to be running plasma 5 - using the stock Breeze theme. The dialog mentioning KDE 4, in the second image is from a program that is still kde4, such as KMyMoney for example, which will show this.

The graphics are not helpful at all to be sure

My first guess is that the OP may need to manually specify the network settings, such as DNS and gateway

Comment

He is apparently running Kubuntu as a VM inside of Windows.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Not sure about that, the image with the windows taskbar visible is running a popular image viewer, irfanview,which is showing an image, a screenshot of a blank page of some sort on a plasma desktop

Comment

The third picture shows a Windows Task Bar, or at least, a Windows Start button.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yes, there is, but the program window open is IrfanView, showing a screenshot image titled 4.jpg,

here is the full image:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	cmzKwzI.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	643238
              or you can click the original on the image host site to see the whole picture

Comment

If this is a work PC, they are often behind some kind of proxy which you will need to configure under System Settings -> Network Settings (in 14.04)
                If you're sitting wondering,
                Which Batman is the best,
                There's only one true answer my friend,
                It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                  No, he does seem to be running plasma 5 - using the stock Breeze theme. The dialog mentioning KDE 4, in the second image is from a program that is still kde4, such as KMyMoney for example, which will show this.

The graphics are not helpful at all to be sure

My first guess is that the OP may need to manually specify the network settings, such as DNS and gateway
                  My first thought, after seeing that info page, was that he installed the KDE Plasma 4 desktop onto 16.04.
                  "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                  – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Wired ? Wireless? what have you tried to connect? we can't help you unless you help us by providing the info we need.
                    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
                    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

i have wired connection

Comment

use ifconfig to see that your network card is up and ready to be used you should see at least two interfaces one will be lo and the other named something like enp#s# . \
                        if you don't see that then we will need to check that the driver is loaded for this you can use lswh -C Network
                        if that don't tell you anything about the network then you will need to provide us with the info output of Ethernet and Network Controller(s) from the command lspci -v

if you see the enp#s# then check in the tray for the network applet and try to create a new connection for the wired if its not all ready exsisting.

some info about your network would be nice too like does it have DHCP on .. or do you need to manually give yourself an ip..
                        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
                        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
                        X