This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu Live Help Needed

I have a need to boot to my Live usb to compare an alsamixer readout via Konsole to my installed Kubuntu 14.04 alsamixer.

As I recall, bring up my boot options and select usb or whatever it might be called

Select "Try Kubuntu" if it makes it that far.

Do what I need to do.

Question: How do I quit / exit the Live Kubuntu? Do I do it my normal way by Application Menu>Leave>Shut Down?

Thanks
    Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
    HP15 -
    -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Yes. At some point you will be told to remove the USB stick and then press the Enter Key.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Ok, thanks.
      HP15 -
      -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

Will these various SanDisk folders/files interfere with my usb live boot?

HP15 -

Comment

It looks like you just copied the Kubuntu ISO to the sandisk, and you never actually made a LiveUSB version of Kubuntu. IF you have WINE installed it will see the EXE and run it, leading you into the sandisk security and encryption junk. I cannot guarantee that if WINE isn't installed, AND you have your USB port set to boot before the HD or CDROM, the ISO will boot up. Usually one has to use the mount command with the -loop option to run an ISO file.

What you need to do is to use dd to copy the ISO to the sandisk to create a LiveUSB or use mkusb to create a LiveUSB with persistence. There are several posts in this forum on how to do that.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X