Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't remember the new username and password for KDE forums?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't remember the new username and password for KDE forums?

Did KDE change login procedure just to have less people use the forum? I am unable to remember how to login with their new system. My username is my username, I do not have any other username, and my password is the same. I don't know how to get them both, because both are required to get the missing information. Does anyone know how to solve this rubic cube? Shab

What email address did you use when you registered?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

If you mean http://forum.kde.org then you could try sending an email to the forum administrators. There is a link at the bottom of each page in the forums.
      If you're sitting wondering,
      Which Batman is the best,
      There's only one true answer my friend,
      It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

It appears that you can read forum posts without logging in. So, did you ever post there? If so, you could search for and see the exact username you used to place your post(s). That, and you probably have your email address (or a set of addresses, among which the one you used for KDE is included). That would be two pieces of information to use.
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by elijathegold View Post
          If you mean http://forum.kde.org then you could try sending an email to the forum administrators. There is a link at the bottom of each page in the forums.
          This is what Shab is refering to (I believe):
          The login process has changed, please read this before you log in:The KDE Community Forums now uses the KDE Identity service to log you into the forums. Your forum display name can no longer be used to log in, you must use your KDE Identity username and password.
          If you do not have a KDE Identity, please click here to register. Make sure to add the email address you used for the forum registration to your Identity account so that the system will automatically merge your accounts.
          Please contact forum-admin@kde.org if you have any login or registration issues.
          KDE Community Forums made this change a few years ago; I remember, because I too got 'caught' by it, not having logged in in quite some time. They did send out an email notice about the change to all registered users. In my case, I never got the email, because when they sent it out, I had a new email address, and the one I used to originally register with was no longer active.

They can however, fix such problems; they did for me. Just click on the forum-admin@kde.org to send the administrators an email requesting their assistance.

Added:
          I originally requested assistance for Shab on their forum in 2015. Totally forgot about that. I've sent another request to the Administrative staff referencing that earlier post. One of them should be contacting you (Shab) via email. Please watch for it.
          Last edited by Snowhog; Jun 13, 2016, 09:29 AM.
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X