This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

os problems ...

ive never seen anything like this ... ive been using LINUX distros for about a year an never hav i seen this .......... about 15 minutes ago my laptop started going crazy .. opening tabs and applications by itself .. youTube .. facebook .. instagram .. all without me commanding it to ..... it also happened about 30 minutes before that too an jus like now its running ok but im afraid if this happens again that it will not stop if i do not attempt to @ least troubleshoot the problem .... PLEASE HELP

Does the mouse move as well?

If So thendisconnect your wifi and/or your Ethernet cable. If it stops immediately after you do that then someone is connecting remotely to your machine. When it stops reconnect the Internet and install rkhunter and run it as root:
    sudo rkhunter -c

If the weirdness continues after you disconnect the outside world then you may have a race condition. Very rare. Rename ~/.kde to ~/kde_old and then log out and log back in. Or, reboot. This will reset your KDE environment and you will have to reconfigure your desktop.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
      Does the mouse move as well?

If So thendisconnect your wifi and/or your Ethernet cable. If it stops immediately after you do that then someone is connecting remotely to your machine. When it stops reconnect the Internet and install rkhunter and run it as root:
      sudo rkhunter -c

If the weirdness continues after you disconnect the outside world then you may have a race condition. Very rare. Rename ~/.kde to ~/kde_old and then log out and log back in. Or, reboot. This will reset your KDE environment and you will have to reconfigure your desktop.

i tried to run those commands but the terminal is saying COMMAND NOT FOUND

Comment

rkhunter isn't installed by default. You can install it by running sudo apt install rkhunter. Did you try disconnecting from all networks?
        If you're sitting wondering,
        Which Batman is the best,
        There's only one true answer my friend,
        It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

You can use Dolphin, with hidden file checkbox checked, to rename ~/kde
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Originally posted by elijathegold View Post
            rkhunter isn't installed by default. You can install it by running sudo apt install rkhunter. Did you try disconnecting from all networks?

i actually dont know how to do that sir ...

Comment

Left click on the KGear in the left side of the panel at the bottom of the screen. Left click on Systesm, and on that submenu click on Konsole. In Konsole type
              sudo apt install rkhunter
              and press the Enter key.
              You will be asked for your home account password. Enter it and press the Enter key. After the installation is finished the Konsole input line will be available again. Type:
              sudo rkhunter -c
              and press the Enter key.

You can make sure you have the latest malware data file by issuing:
              sudo rkhunter --update
              in a Konsole.

You'll probably get a dozen or so warnings about certain files but you should get no warnings about trojans, rootkits, viruses or malware in general. The details of an rkhunter scan or kept in
              /var/log/rkhunter.log
              and you can browse it using
              sudo cat /var/log/rkhunter.log | less
              in a Konsole. "Less" allows you to scroll back and forth. You can use the copy and paste commands of the Konsole menu to pick out certain warnings that you can post here.

The odds are that you have no malware and that you have not been remotely compromised, i.e., hacked into. More than likely it is a configuration error or file corruption due to drive going south.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                Left click on the KGear in the left side of the panel at the bottom of the screen. Left click on Systesm, and on that submenu click on Konsole. In Konsole type
                sudo apt install rkhunter
                and press the Enter key.
                You will be asked for your home account password. Enter it and press the Enter key. After the installation is finished the Konsole input line will be available again. Type:
                sudo rkhunter -c
                and press the Enter key.

You can make sure you have the latest malware data file by issuing:
                sudo rkhunter --update
                in a Konsole.

You'll probably get a dozen or so warnings about certain files but you should get no warnings about trojans, rootkits, viruses or malware in general. The details of an rkhunter scan or kept in
                /var/log/rkhunter.log
                and you can browse it using
                sudo cat /var/log/rkhunter.log | less
                in a Konsole. "Less" allows you to scroll back and forth. You can use the copy and paste commands of the Konsole menu to pick out certain warnings that you can post here.

The odds are that you have no malware and that you have not been remotely compromised, i.e., hacked into. More than likely it is a configuration error or file corruption due to drive going south.

i have done what u asked an the terminal is telling me this ..... One or more warnings have been found while checking the system.Please check the log file (/var/log/rkhunter.log)

what do u suggest i do now mr grey Geek ??

Comment

Originally posted by akqj10 View Post
                  i have done what u asked an the terminal is telling me this ..... One or more warnings have been found while checking the system.Please check the log file (/var/log/rkhunter.log)

what do u suggest i do now mr grey Geek ??
                  A dozen or so warnings (about hash tag changes created by upgrades from the repository) is normal. I'll assume that there were no notices about any specific infections.

So, using Dolphin, navigate to the hidden file under your home account called ~/.kde (The "~/" is recognized by bash as shorthand for "/home/youraccountname/"), so the full path is
                  /home/whateveryouraccountnameis/.kde
                  Right mouse on it and choose "rename". Rename it to .kde_old
                  /home/whateveryouraccountnameis/.kde_old
                  Then reboot.

Comment

Working...
                  X