This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Get Battery Monitor Widget

One of those days I guess. Click on battery monitor widget (to install) and no response. Widgets is unlocked.
    Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
    HP15 -
    -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

It becomes a 'hidden' System Tray entry. Mouse over the up pointing triangle in the System Tray and you'll see a 'tool tip' that says "Show hidden icons". Click on that triangle to display those hidden icons. Click on Battery and Brightness to open that widget.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

It wasn't there and somehow in the process I lost my volume and network connection widgets. Those do not appear to be offered under widgets or get new widgets. Are they in my system somewhere?
      HP15 -
      -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

Got the network connection widget back. Didn't realize to install a widget requires a double click. The battery widget shows "no battery available". I guess it doesn't recognize my battery.
        HP15 -

Comment

Better lucky than good. Got rid of the non-functioning battery status and managed to retrieve both volume and network widgets. Thanks.
          HP15 -

Comment

Working...
          X