Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ERROR: Kernel Offset disabled ---[end Kernel panic - not syncing: vps: unable to mo

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ERROR: Kernel Offset disabled ---[end Kernel panic - not syncing: vps: unable to mo

...unt root fs on unKnown-block (2,0)

I am attempting to install an ISO of Manjaro on my computer. I created the ISO using Unetbootin. When told to restart, my computer booted to the title error message.

I did research on Google and was instructed to format to FAT32. I did this on three separate USBs with the same results each time. I am hopeful but do not expect much from this post. Everyone who has tried or used Manjaro says it is a stable and easy to install package; I haven't found it that way.

In my area there are not many who use or know much about Linux that I have found. I am trying to help the daughter of a friend who takes me shopping. I owe him much. BTW it is an xfce installation, if that matters.

I believe that in a previous treat, https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...524#post387524 you were informed by Rod J that Manjaro cannot be put on a USB stick with Unetbootin. Other posters suggested using dd for Manjaro, and having done that myself a couple of times, it is the best way to install Manjaro, or burn it to a DVD.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks. I did burn it to a dvd, but there was an error during the installation of files that aborted installation. I have to do some research before I get too far into that.

Originally posted by GerardV View Post
      I believe that in a previous treat, https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...524#post387524 you were informed by Rod J that Manjaro cannot be put on a USB stick with Unetbootin. Other posters suggested using dd for Manjaro, and having done that myself a couple of times, it is the best way to install Manjaro, or burn it to a DVD.

Comment

Working...
      X