This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adobe Flash Player Help Please

Opened a web site today (using Chromium) and to see a particular section, it says I need to update my flash player. Normally a no brainer however, I need help with which version to install. My choices for 64-bit Linux are from here and listed below https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?no_redirect

YUM for Linix (YUM)
    .tar.gz for other Linux
    .rpm for other Linux
    APT for Ubuntu 10.04+

Thank you
    Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
    HP15 -
    -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Link to content that displays this would be helpful, but you should be getting the most up to date flash available in Linux. Unfortunately, or fortunately rather Flash is slowly going away.

NOTE: Adobe Flash Player 11.2 will be the last version to target Linux as a supported platform. Adobe will continue to provide security backports to Flash Player 11.2 for Linux.
    If you open firefox or chromium and type in "aboutlugins" it should tell you your flash version, which is likely the same version offered on Adobe's page.

Also note that a common method to infect someone's system with malware, viruses, and/or other baddies is via the "Your Flash is out of date" scam. (which you obviously didn't fall for )
    Last edited by Snowhog; May 13, 2016, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      Link to content that displays this would be helpful, but you should be getting the most up to date flash available in Linux. Unfortunately, or fortunately rather Flash is slowly going away.

If you open firefox or chromium and type in "aboutlugins" it should tell you your flash version, which is likely the same version offered on Adobe's page.

Also note that a common method to infect someone's system with malware, viruses, and/or other baddies is via the "Your Flash is out of date" scam. (which you obviously didn't fall for )
      Obviously.

It doesn't list the version. Has a blank space under / alongside Version. The website is a very reputable gun parts site (Brownells) so I doubt there is any evil lurking. Probably a bad / outdated parts photo w/ description. The part is no longer manufactured or sold. I found the link via google and it likely went to an outdated page. I don't have the problem anywhere else or even within Brownells web site. Thanks.
      Last edited by Snowhog; May 13, 2016, 02:27 PM.
      HP15 -
      -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

Also it is worth noting that the last actual non-security-fix release was some years ago, it could be actually outdated at least from the perspective of whomever coded the flash bit, specifying a minimum version.

Also, if flash is not actually working you can try google chrome's built-in version of flash:
        http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/...-ubuntu-15-10/ I think this does work for Chromuim as well.

Comment

Also it is worth noting that the last actual non-security-fix release was some years ago, it could be actually outdated at least from the perspective of whomever coded the flash bit, specifying a minimum version.

Also, if flash is not actually working you can try google chrome's built-in version of flash:
          http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/...-ubuntu-15-10/ I think this does work for Chromuim as well.
          I'll check it out. Thank you.
          HP15 -

Comment

I would just use Google Chrome. It has newest flash built in.
            Plasma 5 look&feel for KDE4: http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...content=166438

Comment

Originally posted by schnelle View Post
              I would just use Google Chrome. It has newest flash built in.
              I use Chromium. Chrome is compatible with Linux / Kubuntu 14.04?
              HP15 -

Comment

Originally posted by logan01 View Post
                I use Chromium. Chrome is compatible with Linux / Kubuntu 14.04?
                Most definitely.

Comment

Most definitely.
                  Had no idea. Thanks guys.
                  HP15 -

Comment

Here is another option if you are using Chromium browser.

No pepperflash for chromium?
                    sigpic

Comment

Downloaded chrome. had to html my bookmarks from chromium. Never could get my passwords moved over but I was able to import them from my default firefox browser. Thanks guys.
                      HP15 -

Comment

http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/...-ubuntu-15-10/

see above on how to install pepper flash on firefox, I believe it works with most browsers including rekonq, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by zaramaloo View Post
                          http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/...-ubuntu-15-10/

see above on how to install pepper flash on firefox, I believe it works with most browsers including rekonq, cheers
                          Ok. Thank you.
                          HP15 -

Comment

Working...
                          X