Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screen Print will not allow me to select an area of the screen.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen Print will not allow me to select an area of the screen.

Kubuntu 14.04 LTS.

When I prefer to select only an area of the screen to print, as I place the '+' to drag the selection, the screen immendiately reverts back to the original screen.

I used to use this feature to reveal screen shots of my areas of concern in the forum, but now all three monitors are captured and the size of the file is very large, about 2.5MB.

I have tried to .zip the files to make them smaller, but when using the image upload feature in the forum post, and select the zipped file, the file opens 'Ark' and does not enter the forum upload process.

I am not sure if this is two posts in one, but they both are part of this problem. Thanks!

Have you looked at Shutter? It's a screen capture tool like SnagIt for Windows. Very good tool.

Comment

RodJ skyped me and I have the problem corrected. I have used the application for years and it always worked. Somehow the select Retangular area was changed, and I did not notice. I am sometimes pretty stupid. Thanks for the recommendation. I will look at it.

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
      Have you looked at Shutter? It's a screen capture tool like SnagIt for Windows. Very good tool.

Comment

Working...
      X