This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

installing Artha dictionary

Hello, I am having trouble installing Artha Thesaurus on a laptop running an intel processor and Kubuntu 16.04 with plasma 5.6.90, I have downloaded the tar file but using ark it won't install it. I have tried using the terminal and I get the following message when I type sudo apt-get install artha:
    "Package artha is not available, but is referred to by another package.This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source

E: Package 'artha' has no installation candidate"

is there any way I can install this? Do my repositories have to be repaired?? Any assistance welcome...
    thanks

Artha IS in the repos ...........................

Code:
    vinny@vinny-Bonobo-Extreme:~$ apt search Artha
    Sorting... Done
    Full Text Search... Done
    [COLOR=#ff0000]artha/xenial 1.0.3-1ubuntu1 amd64
      Handy off-line thesaurus based on WordNet[/COLOR]

libosgearthannotation3/xenial 2.5.0+dfsg-8build1 amd64
      Dynamic 3D terrain rendering toolkit for OpenSceneGraph (osgEarthAnnotation)

wesnoth-1.12-thot/xenial,xenial 1:1.12.5-1 all
      "The Hammer of Thursagan" official campaign for Wesnoth (branch 1.12)
    but it lives in the universe repo ,,,,,do you have it enabled?

lets see
    Code:
    cat /etc/apt/sources.list | grep universe

Ark will NOT install anything ,,,,,,,,the tar ball you DL,ed would need to be unpacked (Ark will do that) and then check the README file to see what to do,,,,,maby

but I would install the one from the repo ,,,,,once we get you seeing it ,,,,,,,your universe repo enabled.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by zaramaloo View Post
      Kubuntu 16.04 with plasma 5.6.90
      Plasma is at 5.5.5 at the moment in Xenial
      What ppas or other external repositories do you have enabled? The "90" indicates a pre-release unstable package, which would come from some random ppa. These can mess with dependencies sometimes.

Also, sometimes just fetching updates before installing something can fix an error like this. Your package list might just be out of sync with the repos' list.

Comment

Working...
      X