This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reinstalling Dropbox [removing and reinstalling]

Hello, I have recently lost the taskbar icon for dropbox after refreshing my repositories and finding that some were broken.....after a reboot the icon disappeared but dropbox is still working in the background (hovering over the space where the icon was shows that is there), I just wanted to try to get the icon back by removing and reinstalling dropbox, but when using terminal command "sudo apt-get remove dropbox" I get the following message "reading package lists... DoneBuilding dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Package 'dropbox' is not installed, so not removed"

does anyone know how to get round this problem? I am running Kubuntu 16.04 LTS KDE plasma version 5.6.90 on an 64 bit intel machine......

many thanks!!

Hehe, same here after the update to 16.04 the icon became transparent.
    Because I can still see the green status mark I didn't bother to try to fix it.

But I assume it is a problem between the task bar theme and icon theme I'm using.

To check you could change the icon theme.

I just changed from Breeze to good old Oxygen (had to reboot because a simple logout locked up in some loop) and now the Dropbox icon is back.
    Last edited by Teunis; Apr 23, 2016, 07:03 AM. Reason: Changed icon theme

Comment

thanks I tried with oxygen but no difference, there is a normal folder icon appearing after bootup which then disappears.....the problem is more deep seated I think, I am going to seek some views of the tech guys at this blog "http://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/2014/06/where-are-my-systray-icons/" since this has been going on for a long time with plasma/kde........thanks anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by zaramaloo View Post
        thanks I tried with oxygen but no difference, there is a normal folder icon appearing after bootup which then disappears.....the problem is more deep seated I think, I am going to seek some views of the tech guys at this blog "http://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/2014/06/where-are-my-systray-icons/" since this has been going on for a long time with plasma/kde........thanks anyway!
        check that you have "libappindicator1" and "libappindicator3-1" installed !

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

yes i have them installed but no icon.....

Comment

Working...
          X