Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No proper prefix, but again I need help.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could never happen. Anything you guys do is OK with me .

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
    hoping Shab doesn't report us for frivolity to the Admins ... although, he IS an artist, so this is kinda on-topic to the poster ...

@Vinny: That's neat work your brother is learning. Precision, technical-artistic skill. I have a brother who did similar in metals, worked in San Francisco on million-dollar penthouses, repairing polished brass trim and such in elevators. My stone cutting is not that. Picture some American Indian jewelry (like a ring or pendant or earrings) that contain turquoise stone(s). I cut the stones--the cabochons or "cabs." Sell wholesale to manufacturers, artists, Native American Indians. There are hundred thousand(s) women (and men) around the world who unknowingly are wearing jewelry made with my turquoise stones. I know how to cut a technical, perfect showpiece for the front cover of a glossy Lapidary Journal issue. But I don't. Instead, to make money, I do a nice, acceptable "commercial" cut that real-life artists can afford and incorporate into their jewelry designs. I cut "spec"--on speculation; I work for myself, buy my own turquoise and cut what and how I want, and offer it for sale to artists-designers. IOW, a street cutter.

Comment

Working...
    X