X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multimedia Hotkeys don't work

Hi everybody,

I've just recently switched to Kubuntu 15.10 (installed cleanly with no other OS running on my laptop) and have been trying to get the media control buttons on my laptop to work with spotify. I have managed to create custom shortcuts with dbus commands that work when I press the call button in the action tab. When I assign the shortcut for play (fn+pos1) it is recognised as "Media Play" and works well. For the other shortcuts, stop, previous, and next the hotkeys don't work even though they are recognised in the trigger field as "Media Stop" etc. I know that it's not a problem with the actual command as they work when called from within the custom shortcuts window and the actuals keys should work as well as they are recognised. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Best

m0rbid

Ok, using "sudo showkey" I found that the keys and the fn modifier do indeed work. Where do I take it from there?

Comment

Sorry, don't know; but check https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php..._keyboard_keys

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
      Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

I noticed that you have Kubuntu 15 in your computer as your default operating system. It is a beta and not as stable as Kubuntu 14.04 LTS. You probably would not have the same problems in Kubuntu 14.04 LTS.

I had Kubuntu 15.04 and 15.10 in my system for several months. It was the buggiest of the beta Operating Systems I have experienced since first I installed Linux.

I always have a dual boot computer with a stable version of Kubuntu and a beta, like Kubuntu 15.

When I heard that Kubuntu 16.04 was available, I decided to try it to see what is new and available for the future. K16 being the latest installed, was first to open when I turned my computer on. I found myself keeping K16 operational because it is so stable. It seems to run much faster in normal operation, and I have less problems installing and running applications too. The only problems I experience is sometimes some widgets are not yet stabilized and are problematic.

If you are having the many other problems with K15 that I was having and still like the cutting-edge of Operating Systems, you might try K16.04 instead of K15. It is possible that the problems you are experiencing in K15 are already fixed in K16.04. K16 seems to run faster too.

As with all alpha or beta operating systems, since they are a work in progress, the best way to reduce problems is to update and upgrade daily, as well as, confirm your installed applications by running sudo dpkg --configure -a.

I hope this is useful information to you. Shab

Comment

not LTS doesn't mean beta

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
          Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

Working...
          X