X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather widget installation issues

down votefavorite
    Hi, I am running Ubuntu 15.10 wily with KDE plasma 5.4.1 and it works fine except I can't seem to get the weather plasma widget to work. I have installed it using synaptic package manager from ubuntu's repository but I get a very long message string pasted below when I try to open/run the widget on the menu bar:

"Error loading QML file: file:///home/philip/.local/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.weatherWidget/contents/ui/main.qml:114:5: Type OpenWeatherMap unavailable file:///home/philip/.local/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.weatherWidget/contents/ui/providers/OpenWeatherMap.qml:18:1: module "QtQuick.XmlListModel" is not installed".

Does anyone have any idea how to get this widget to work?? Many thanks

Try installing package "qml-module-qtquick-xmllistmodel"

Comment

As long as I had Kubuntu 15.04 or 15.10 in my computer, I had many operational problems including the weather widget. IMHO the developers are having so many problems with the basic operating system that they haven't the time to repair the many Plasma 5 problems. Being a beta Operating system, Kubuntu 15.10 had so many daily problems I installed Kubuntu 16.04. It too is a beta, but has less daily problems. K16 also still has plasma 5 problems, but the weather widget works. It still does not include forecasting, but places the current temperature on the screen. It is a smaller presentation, nevertheless provides the most necessary information. So if that meets your needs, you would probably enjoy K16 much more than K15. In my opinion, K16 seems to run faster too.

Of course, if the forecasting feature is important to you, you might prefer installing Kubuntu 14.04 LTS, which is a much more stable operating system, and has a fully functioning weather widget.

K16 is to become a Long-Term-Service or LTS version, like K14, so if you prefer the cutting-edge, IMHO K16.04 is a better beta installation. All I do to keep it running well is update, upgrade, and 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' each time I update daily, which is also necessary if you run K15.

Originally posted by zaramaloo View Post

down votefavorite
      Hi, I am running Ubuntu 15.10 wily with KDE plasma 5.4.1 and it works fine except I can't seem to get the weather plasma widget to work. I have installed it using synaptic package manager from ubuntu's repository but I get a very long message string pasted below when I try to open/run the widget on the menu bar:

"Error loading QML file: file:///home/philip/.local/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.weatherWidget/contents/ui/main.qml:114:5: Type OpenWeatherMap unavailable file:///home/philip/.local/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.weatherWidget/contents/ui/providers/OpenWeatherMap.qml:18:1: module "QtQuick.XmlListModel" is not installed".

Does anyone have any idea how to get this widget to work?? Many thanks

Comment

ok thanks actually it works ok now, I will upgrade to K16.04 and check it out, best regards

Comment

If that solved your problem, you might want to mark the post as solved. If your last reply was to me, you should be aware that K16 may have plasma 5 problems that have now been corrected in K15. Also, if you are new, at the top of this screen in the line above the first entered post are three links: Thread Tools, Search Thread, and Display. If you select Thread Tools and choose the link that indicates that your problem is solved, it will appear as solved when next posted. - for the benefit of those who help and no longer need to read your problem -

Comment

Working...
          X