This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Understanding how programs install.

I was wondering if any one can point me in the right direction yet again. When you install a program using apt-get install how do you know ware it will be installed and why. my point being is how can i specify ware to install it if i want to and what is the reasoning behind that topic in its entirety. i.e. why one programs installs ware etc.

Re: Understanding how programs install.

You don't need to know where a program installs--only how to run it. Most launchers, however, are located in /usr/bin

Usually a menu entry is automatically created for you in the KMenu. If not, press Alt-F2 and type the name of the program. You need only the name of the program. For example, to launch Firefox, you type
    Code:
    firefox
    You don't need to type
    Code:
    /usr/bin/firefox
    Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Re: Understanding how programs install.

thnx but the reason i wounder is for example what if a certain partion is full and i need them to be installed anthor section?

btw: the alt + f2 is awesome and helps me in alot of diff ways so really thanks. I notice you help alot... so let me just say it YOUR THE MAN

Comment

Working...
      X