This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Divx / how to complie if needed

I was woundering if anyone could point me in the right direction. on a couple of things first the main point software to rip DVD's and encode or however you put it into Divx. I have looked and all i found was some loose info about software you have to compile. however if i must compile witch is allright by me i am intrested in somthing that helps one learn more about how to compile software. the quick info they give each time to complie software is not enough im intrested in understanding it more so i can understanding the quick stuff when i need to thnx

Re: Divx / how to complie if needed

The right answer is to use a dead tree called "Programming with Gnu Software" by Mike Loukides and Andy Oram. It's published by O'reilly and it assumes that you do know how to program. It's really about using emacs, gcc, glibc, the c++ STL, gdb, make, RCS, and gprof. It includes an eight page appendix called "Building Gnu Software from Sources". If the names of the programs I listed sound familiar, and you want to master the Gnu toolset. this is the book to use.

If you don't like to read in bed, or you really didn't mean it when you wrote
    Im intrested in understanding it more so i can understanding the quick stuff when i need to
    You might find this Ubuntu Community Help page and this older one more immediately useful. You can use google/linux to find something intermediate between a semi-pro book and a novice web page.

Comment

Working...
    X