Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to locate custom background to use as login screen?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to locate custom background to use as login screen?

I downloaded a custom background that is installed and shows when I right-click on the desktop under - Default Desktop Settings. I found the wallpaper folder thinking I could refer to that address to install the Login Screen Background, but my custom wallpaper was not saved there.
    Please advise where it may be located? Thanks!

I've seen another thread about this subject but seemingly things have chaged again.

'Just' using the dedicated button in System Settings does not work.

The picture in question for the login screen is found at:
    /usr/share/plasma/look-and-feel/org.kde.breeze.desktop/contents/loginmanager/
    Had it been a regular picture I would have tried to replace it.

Comment

/plasma did not exist in my Kubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 bit distribution.

I have the address bar included in my Dolphin application. I was able to locate the file I was looking for accidentally, but have not been able to trace it back to repeat locating it. I am quite confused right now, but have been able to achieve the desired results.

Without your help, I would not have succeeded, but I can not repeat locating the file, so my post won't be of much help for others. Thanks! The address you provided did not exist in my distribution.

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
      I've seen another thread about this subject but seemingly things have chaged again.

'Just' using the dedicated button in System Settings does not work.

The picture in question for the login screen is found at:

Had it been a regular picture I would have tried to replace it.

Comment

Ah, from your original post it wasn't clear this is for 14.04...

Comment

In the mean time I've found out what the trick is in 16.04, set a different background via System Settings and reboot.
          Earlier I only logged out and in again and that was clearly not enough to get the new back ground.

Comment

Thanks Teunis,

I usually have one of the Betas in my computer, but recently a friend advised maintaining 14.04 LTS 64 bit to avoid most problems. I took his advice. Still some things seem still to be a problem.

I did try to install 16.04, however after selecting English as language, the installation is stalled and will not complete. I have tried downloading several different days, but it still will not install on my computer.

Thanks for your many attempts to help me. I notice that you help a lot of people. As are others of this forum's gurus, you are most appreciated. Kind regards

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
            In the mean time I've found out what the trick is in 16.04, set a different background via System Settings and reboot.
            Earlier I only logged out and in again and that was clearly not enough to get the new back ground.

Comment

IF you Downloaded the wallpaper from a web page the wallpaper would be in your Downloads folder .

But if you Downloaded the wallpaper from the "get new wallpapers" tool in desktop settings then the wallpaper should be in "/home/YOU/.kde/share/wallpapers/ where YOU is your user name.

VINNY
              i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
              16GB RAM
              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thanks Vinny!

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                IF you Downloaded the wallpaper from a web page the wallpaper would be in your Downloads folder .

But if you Downloaded the wallpaper from the "get new wallpapers" tool in desktop settings then the wallpaper should be in "/home/YOU/.kde/share/wallpapers/ where YOU is your user name.

VINNY

Comment

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
                  Thanks Vinny!
                  I'll take it that you found it then ,,,,,,,,,,

VINNY
                  i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                  16GB RAM
                  Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Yes, in fact I hope I can remember this advice. I change OS's quite often and the problem happens occasionally, not always. You are incredibly smart my friend. Shab

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                    I'll take it that you found it then ,,,,,,,,,,

VINNY

Comment

Working...
                    X