This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qualcom Atheros QCA6164 not detected

So this is a problem I've had for a while. When I install any linux on a lenovo G50-45, wi-fi does not work. I tried a lot of stuff from another threads I saw on other distribution forums, but being the newbie that I am, I'm never sure on what to do.

Basicaly my wireless card is not detected by linux when I type iplink in terminal.

I would be very thankful if anyone helped me with my situation. I know I lack information about my problem but honestly I don't know what to say or how to do it, so please if you have some time may you help me? thanks in advance.

The solution is https://www.ketansingh.me/how-i-got-...rk-with-linux/

I would change the step order by doing this first:
    sudo apt-get install build-essential linux-headers-$(uname -r)
    then the other steps in the order listed, but skipping the step above because it has already been done.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Additionally, and before doing the steps, make sure that the package dkms is installed. That will ensure that necessary kernel modules will be rebuilt when kernel updates and/or new kernels are installed during dist-upgrades.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
      X