This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restart No Longer Works from Update Popup Window

Restart never worked on my dual Windows 10 / Kubuntu 14.04. It was an HP problem (RealTek driver). It now works in both OSs after an HP update. That's that. Several weeks ago I could receive a notification of updates and could launch the download / install from the Notifications popup window. I no longer can. The message will be in Notifications however to install I must open Software Updater and perform the process. At times a restart is required and a window appears "restart now / remind me later". Restart button doesn't work in that window. I click restart and the window expectedly disappears. I then must choose Restart from the side panel. Sooooo?
    Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
    HP15 -
    -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Not sure what might be going on with your GUI. But you are able (eventually, somehow) to do a re-start, right? A command to do this--which you may know-- is
    Code:
    sudo shutdown -r now
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Yes, I'm able to restart from KDE>Leave>Restart. I'll do what you have instructed. Next time I get the restart popup from the upgrades window, I'll click it, see what happens and report back with results. Or is that just a command to restart? Thanks buddy.
      HP15 -
      -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

Or is that just a command to restart?
        Yes, that's all it is: just a command to restart the computer.
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Oh ok. Thanks.
          HP15 -

Comment

Working...
          X