X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandox

Title should read Sandbox

If I am uncertain regarding the safety of an application, it might be best to run it in a sandbox.

I have a link for a recommended light sandbox, and have also looked in the kubuntu repository.

I cannot see a sandbox in our repository. Am I correct, or have I missed the programme.

Best wishes.
    kubuntu version: 16.04.5 LTS

Laptop: Toshiba-Satellite-L350

Try installing policycoreutils

Please Read Me

Comment

This contains a pretty decent list of ideas and tools for this, from simply using virtual box virtuakbox to things such as Docker and lxc for "containers". I think Ubuntu's Snappy may be provide this type of use as well.

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=10030868

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
        Try installing policycoreutils
        Thank you for the advice.

I note that I have SELinux policy management library already installed, but not policycoreutils. I am surprised that both are not installed by default. I would expect both or neither.

I have read the description regarding the latter, and it seems that this package enhances security.

However, I am not sure how this protects users when using unfamiliar packages.

If I install this package, I assume that I can uninstall it and the system will be as before.

Are there any inconveniences in using this package with kubuntu, for example, having to constantly agree to conditions, etc when using the OS

Best wishes..
        kubuntu version: 16.04.5 LTS

Laptop: Toshiba-Satellite-L350

Comment

Working...
        X