This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasma Search Hotkeys?

Newb here and oh gosh does Kubuntu make me happy. Just one tiny niggle...I'm sure someone can help me.

On my Mac I can Command-Space to bring up search. Even Windows 10 allows me to use the Windows key to get a Unity-like search experience.

I can't quite figure out how to make this work dependably on Kubuntu.

If I click on the desktop and then start typing, Search happily appears and does it's thing. However, if I'm inside a window I must click outside of that Window (on the desktop) for my search keystrokes to register. Even worse if have a window maximized, I essentially have to "grab" it with my cursor, move it out of my way, click on the desktop, and then start typing.

So the ask: Is there a mouse-free way that will allow me to immediately access Search using only keystrokes (ala Apple's Command-Space key combo).

Thanks much!

The default key combo for the search (krunner) is Alt+F2.

The keyboard shortcut is configurable, though, so you can set it to Alt+Space, for example, if you prefer:
    SystemSettings>KeyboardShortcuts>GlobalShortcuts>C hoose "krunner" from the dropdown menu>Set "Run Command" shortcut

Comment

You're the best. thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X