X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impossible to use internet after X minutes

Hello,
    When i start my computer with lastest version of kubuntu nd i'm correctly connected to my bbox.
    But after X minutes (randomly) i'm always connected to my box but i can't go to the way anymore.
    Somthing strange is that the problem happen sometimes after visiting facebook or youtube. But with a normal surfing i have no problem. ANd when it happen i have to restrt my computer .

I'm pretty noob with kubuntu so tell me what can i do to help you to resolve my issue.

Thanks you all !

Is this limited to http traffic, can you still reach this site which is https?
    Have you tried different browser like Konqueror, Firefox and Chromium?

Does it affect other protocols like ftp, pop or imap mail or newsgroups?

If it is 'just' browsing what is stopped you could try deleting the cookies from the offending sites and try again.

Comment

HI ,
      thx for your reply.
      I using firefox as browser and i don't know with other one.
      But when the problem appears all of http / https web site are not reachable.
      I didn't try too but i tink that other protocol like pop ... have the same problem.

Yesturday i try with a wire directly connected to my box and no problems appears, so i think that the problem is only on wifi.

Comment

To make it simpler, when browsing no longer works, can you still ping say, google.com?

Comment

If you get nothing when you issue:
          ping Google.com
          then try
          ping 8.8.8.8
          If that responds then your DNS is fouled up.
          Try restarting your network service:
          sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart
          Last edited by GreyGeek; Dec 08, 2015, 07:53 PM.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
            If you get nothing when you issue:
            ping Google.com
            then try
            ping 8.8.8.8
            If that responds then your DNS is fouled up.
            Try restarting your network service:
            sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart
            Hello

So when my appeared when i launched the download a software in Muon.
            I try some of your solution. And immediatly after the connection of a the ethernet wire i was able to go to the internet :

Here you can see my interfaces file :

auto lo
            iface lo inet loopback

Heresome test :
            ping ww.google.com : unknow host www.google.com
            ping 8.8.8.8 : From 192.168.1.95 : icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable

And the commande : sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart doesn't change anything.
            When i launch this command nothing was writen into the console.

Comment

Do you get wifi on any other device; cell phone, tablet, etc? If you have no other device, have a friend try to receive wifi in your home.
              Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
              HP15 -
              -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

I'm not at home but in a friend house and he has no problem with him wifi (my girlfriend too) only in my laptop.

Comment

What does
                  lspci
                  show for your wifi ?
                  "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Hello here you can see the result of the lspci command.

jonathan@Jonathan-linux-port:~$ lspci
                    00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation ValleyView SSA-CUnit (rev 0e)
                    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation ValleyView Gen7 (rev 0e)
                    00:13.0 SATA controller: Intel Corporation ValleyView 6-Port SATA AHCI Controller (rev 0e)
                    00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation ValleyView USB xHCI Host Controller (rev 0e)
                    00:1a.0 Encryption controller: Intel Corporation ValleyView SEC (rev 0e)
                    00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation ValleyView High Definition Audio Controller (rev 0e)
                    00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation ValleyView PCI Express Root Port (rev 0e)
                    00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation ValleyView PCI Express Root Port (rev 0e)
                    00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation ValleyView PCI Express Root Port (rev 0e)
                    00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation ValleyView Power Control Unit (rev 0e)
                    00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation ValleyView SMBus Controller (rev 0e)
                    02:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8723BE PCIe Wireless Network Adapter
                    03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 10)
                    jonathan@Jonathan-linux-port:~$ update-pciids
                    update-pciids: /usr/share/misc/pci.ids.new is read-only
                    jonathan@Jonathan-linux-port:~$ sudo update-pciids
                    [sudo] password for jonathan:
                    Downloaded daily snapshot dated 2015-12-10 03:15:02

Comment

As I said previously the problem appears after a simple download or launching a video on Youtube (when I ask too much internet)

Comment

Ah, the RTL8* wifi. My PC has a similar model RLT8188CE.

First, create the following file as root:
                        /etc/modprobe.d/rtl8723be.conf
                        then add the foilowing line:
                        options rtl8723be fwlps=0 ips=0

My .conf file has the following line in it:
                        options rtl8192ce ips=0 swlps=0 fwlps=0

They turn off link and FW power contral saves, which are on by default.
                        The two other possible settings are off by default.

The following solution only works for Trusty:
                        Code:
                        sudo add-apt-repository ppa:hanipouspilot/rtlwifi
                        sudo apt-get update
                        sudo apt-get install rtlwifi-new-dkms linux-firmware

Comment

Working...
                        X