• Show
Clear All

How do I edit an existing widget?

Click image for larger version

Name:	K15DesktopImage.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	649073

There are a couple of things that the new generation of widgets has changed that are not for the better IMHO.

Notice the position of the analog clock. I would prefer it closer to the left border of the desktop, however, when I move it, it snaps to the position you see. Additionally, look at the panel and see that the background is invisible, not just transparent.

I would like the background of the analog clock to be invisible, as well. Those portions of the widgets that appear white in this image would improve in appearance if more saturated with the white color to make higher contrast with the background.

Also, if possible, when the KMenu appears, I would like the background invisible, not transparent. It currently has a transparent background that is darker than that of the analog clock. I would only like to see the Icons and text that appears, with sufficient saturation that contrast between the images and text are easily distinguished from the background artwork.

Another thing that has changed in the upgrade is the "Network Monitor". In the previous issue, there were horizontal lines that depicted the different values for download and upload speeds. Whether revealing KiB/s or MiB/s you could read the speed of the peaks of the transfers of data. Now, although very attractive, the peaks appear, but the speed of the peeks or valleys does not show. It makes for an attractive graphic, but defeats it's purpose.

I like the new use of color and design for the Network Monitor, but would prefer the horizontal lines and numbers that would identify, at a glance, the rates of transfer, similar to the previous issue.

The Desktop Theme you are viewing is called "Bare Naked". If these choices cannot be edited, is there a tutorial that teaches how to create what I want? Thanks!

The KDE plasma widgets are using qml and svg: https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma5
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up. If it would not be too much trouble, what is the probable learning curve to learn this process, starting with no experience at all? I read until I could not follow any more.

Is this something learned in a classroom, or can it be learned by a novice from a tutorial? Thanks!

Originally posted by Rog131 View Post
      The KDE plasma widgets are using qml and svg: https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma5

Comment

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
        ...what is the probable learning curve to learn this process, starting with no experience at all?...
        Is this something learned in a classroom, or can it be learned by a novice from a tutorial? Thanks!
        The plasma themes are images (vector graphics) so you are drawing pretty (?) pictures. If you have scripted before then the editing of qml scripts should't be too hard.
        Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
        1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
        2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
        X