This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RESOLVED] - JAVA Consoles Not Working

I am having a problem with Java installation in both Firefox and Konqueror. I am trying to play games from Pogo.com and work my online course from SkillPort.com.

Neither of these websites will work because when I go to open the console applet (get the pop-up game window off Pogo.com or the pop-up Java console window for the SkillPort course), both Firefox and Konqueror say Java is not installed.

I have Java enabled in Firefox, have installed Java as a plug-in to it, installed Java from Adept....no success. (I haven't tried anything with Java in Konqueror yet).

I would really like to get all this that I do ported over totally to Kubuntu and any help would be appreciated. Thanks! 8)

Re: JAVA Consoles Not Working

same problem here........HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Are you an a64 user by any chance?

Comment

No, I'm not an a64 user - thanks.

Comment

Do you guys have the Sun packages installed? Like sun-java5-bin, sun-java5-jre and sun-java5-plugin? If not I believe you can get those through Adept. I think I got mine through Automatix. Those are the core packages you will need. Installing a package like java-common alone, isn't sufficient.

Hope this helps,

Will

Comment

[Resolved]: JAVA Consoles Not Working

Automatix solved the problem. This allowed an automatic install of plugins and everything. Thanks to all of you!!

Comment

Working...
            X