This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't switch language

Hi there, i'm having problems changing KDE language...i know this may sound plain stupid but i can't manage by the "System Settings/Regional & Accessibility / Country-Region & Language" panel.
    (the "country or region" field is set to my native language but in the "add language" label only US english is available)
    Hope somebody will help,
    Adios

Re: Can't switch language

Warnings: (i) I'm a newbie too and I don't know what I'm talking about; (ii) my system is now in Japanese and I therefore don't know offhand what the relevant English names are. With those out of the way:

Look instead within System|Language support (or similar). You'll see a list of languages. When I first looked at this, it was very short and didn't include "Japanese". When I looked two days later, it was very much longer and did include "Japanese". If this list doesn't include the language you want, sacrifice two goats to Linus Torv -- sorry, I mean I really don't know (Did I say I was a newbie?) but I think you have to open yourself up to more software repositories. If the language you want does appear, put a checkmark next to it. If you want to change KDE language to it, I suppose it must be the default language.

If anyone disagrees with me, they're right and I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoary
      If anyone disagrees with me, they're right and I'm wrong.
      You're quite correct

For a language to be available (in Systemsettings)...you have to install the appropiate language-packs.

You can do this easily with the language-selector, which you can start from the K-menu or with
      1. Press Alt+F2
      2. Type qt-language-selector
      3. Press Enter

Comment

Thanks a lot, guys, you are THE MEN!

Comment

Working...
        X