Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I installed VLC Player in Kubuntu 15.04, however, it does not open.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I installed VLC Player in Kubuntu 15.04, however, it does not open.

VLC Player has always worked fine in all my Kubuntu versions. I prefer its more highly configurable capabilities. Although VLC suggests that it is installed, even appears when I depress Alt +F2, it does not open the player when it is selected. It does not open from a terminal either.

It also appears as an option in the multimedia folder of the application launcher, but does not open from there either. Is this a bug in the new KDE or Plasma features, or is it something I have failed to do? Thanks!

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
    VLC ... It does not open from a terminal either...
    What shows in the terminal when you run it from there? Mine says
    Code:
    $ vlc
    VLC media player 2.2.0 Weatherwax (revision 2.2.0-0-g1349ef2)
    [000000000202f1f8] core libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface.
    Do you get anything with vlc --help? I get 369 lines of info about options, (the last of which is "To get exhaustive help, use -H").
    Regards, John Little

Comment

steven@steven-K15:~$ vlc
      VLC media player 2.2.1 Terry Pratchett (Weatherwax) (revision 2.2.1-0-ga425c42)
      kf5.kiconthemes: "Theme tree: (Breeze)"
      [000000000096ce48] skins2 interface error: no XML found in theme /home/steven/Downloads/vlc-skins.zip
      [00007fd82405b068] xml xml reader error: XML parser error (line 1) : Document is empty

[000000000096ce48] skins2 interface error: no skins found : exiting
      steven@steven-K15:~$

I have no idea how to correct this problem. I installed from the command line with this command, "sudo apt-get install vlc". It has always worked before, so perhaps it is a Breeze problem.

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
      What shows in the terminal when you run it from there? Mine says
      Code:
      $ vlc
      VLC media player 2.2.0 Weatherwax (revision 2.2.0-0-g1349ef2)
      [000000000202f1f8] core libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface.
      Do you get anything with vlc --help? I get 369 lines of info about options, (the last of which is "To get exhaustive help, use -H").

Comment

Working...
      X