This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
    Maybe it's me but I haven't read which version of the nVidia driver you use?

My early experience on 15.04 caused crashes /lock ups on anything newer than version nVidia 331.
    Presently I get a good experience with version 355 (from the edgers ppa).
    Well, that's for the video part, for me other bits of 15.04 are more troublesome...

PS, the open source NVidia driver is called nouveau.
    Yes that's French
    well i think 15.10 was offering driver 352 or 354 well 35 something as the recommended it didnt need the edgers ppa so that was what i used.

o right nouveau, iv only seen it a couple of time and i hadn't read it properly but since my video card cost a much as my comp i'd like to use it to its fullest ^^

I have not tried opening backport and updating , i probably will do as i keep all the distros iv tried and return to them to have another go sometimes so its still there but iv nearly smashed my computer from frustration trying to install linux so i think i shall leave it for a bit.

cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by elijathegold View Post
      I have to say that I have had not trouble with 15.04 since I updated using the Kubuntu back ports repository. Maybe that's all that's needed here?
      Very likely, as this is where any plasma and other KDE software updates come from, for 15.04

http://kubuntu.org/news/plasma-532-a...-kubuntu-1504/

Comment

Working...
      X