This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Move the Desk Top Tool Box

In researching this, I have found much to include paranoia of "what if the user ......". I simply would like to put down in the hidden icons. Who's up to the task? Thank you.
    Last edited by logan01; Sep 11, 2015, 01:07 PM.
    Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
    HP15 -
    -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Do you mean the widget at the top right (called the Cashew)? If so, in 14.04 the quickest way is a terminal command:

Code:
    sudo mv  /usr/share/kde4/services/plasma-toolbox-desktoptoolbox.desktop  /usr/share/kde4/services/plasma-toolbox-desktoptoolbox.desktop-removed
    Although with the root tools addon you could easily do the same thing in Dolphin.

In either case log out and back in to get rid of it.
    If you're sitting wondering,
    Which Batman is the best,
    There's only one true answer my friend,
    It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

You going to have to be more clear on what you're asking for.

Please Read Me

Comment

Yes, the widget. Only want to move it from my visual. Thanks.
        HP15 -
        -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

Reckon I could scuttle it. After reading the paranoia, I was hesitant on that. No biggie?
          HP15 -

Comment

First thing I do is get rid of the bloody thing. In 15.04 (Back port) an option to turn it off is finally provided.
            It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

Originally posted by elijathegold View Post
              First thing I do is get rid of the bloody thing. In 15.04 (Back port) an option to turn it off is finally provided.
              So can't I just add that option to my time tested/proven 14.04? C'mon, send it to me.
              HP15 -

Comment

No. Sadly it took the KDE developers way to long to get the message still renaming that file will get rid of it.
                It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

Got it. Odd thing though. Logged back in, widget gone, but so was Firefox from Launcher. Open Favorites, there's Firefox and it has the option to remove from Favorites. I check back over to the Launcher menu and it isn't there. Figure I'll address it later. Go ahead and open it from Favorites. Check back at Launcher Menu and there it is. It's all good. Thank you.
                  HP15 -

Comment

New thread coming up for keyboard sensitivity.
                    HP15 -

Comment

Boy, do I dare even ask this question, to everyone: Why does everyone want to get rid of that cashew (at upper right corner of the Desktop, right?). What's the deal? Thinking, maybe, that the cashew at the lower right corner (after Unlock Widgets) is enough cashew, or what?
                      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
                        Boy, do I dare even ask this question, to everyone: Why does everyone want to get rid of that cashew (at upper right corner of the Desktop, right?). What's the deal? Thinking, maybe, that the cashew at the lower right corner (after Unlock Widgets) is enough cashew, or what?
                        Speaking only for myself, I will try to be clear and use the correct terminology. Because I prefer a "clean" desktop. Did you answer my keyboard issue?
                        HP15 -

Comment

Did you answer my keyboard issue?
                          No, remember I only know about booting. You know, boot & re-boot. Figure I can remember that. Now and then pull over to let everyone pee.
                          An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

I like to arrange my desktop my way and in the most configurable desktop there is, lacking the option to switch it off seemed a strange omission. When I have got my arse in gear and written the plug in, my weather conky will go there
                            It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
                              No, remember I only know about booting. You know, boot & re-boot. Figure I can remember that. Now and then pull over to let everyone pee.

You should get out more.
                              HP15 -

Comment

Working...
                              X