Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apache2 - localhost - where do I put files?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apache2 - localhost - where do I put files?

Installed and works. I get the page with this info >>If you can see this, it means that the installation of the Apache web server software on this system was successful. You may now add content to this directory and replace this page.<<

What directory? I have a folder in my home directory, called 'webs', waiting. I created one called 'public_html'. I tried to copy files into 'www' but it wont let me. There's stuff all over the place. In Windows it all used to be in one place - so I'm a bit lost.

I tried to look in apache's config and it said UserDir module is being used. I looked in there and it had a path /home/*/www. I tried ....

Anyway - explaining so I don't get shouted at!

Isn't there a 'set up' page? And which directory do I put my websites?? Thanks.

Re: Apache2 - localhost - where do I put files?

I don't know how it's setup on Kubuntu exactly, but in general it should be /var/www/
    Then you should have subdirs in there for each vhost, localhost to start with, and inside each vhosts directory, htdocs for the actual html files.

Comment

Normally the base directory is: /var/www in my standard installation of apache2?
      But if you have changed location you might not have enabled that site via a2ensite (default) etc?

/shad-99
      &lt;a href=&quot;http://ubuntucounter.geekosophical.net&quot; title=&quot;The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 16063&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://ubuntucounter.geekosophical.net/img/ubuntu-user2.php?user=16063&quot; alt=&quot;The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 16063&quot; /&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

Comment

first
        Code:
        sudo konqueror /var/www
        then drag the public_html or the other folder you want and select "link here"
        now you won't need to be root to edit you files.

Have a nice day.
        Join the dark side<br />---------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Samsung NC10 netbook running<br />PCLinuxOS 2010 // Win XP

Comment

Working...
        X