This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have lost my wireless connection.

My wireless connection just stopped. I contacted my ISP and through tests found that my modem and router seem to be functioning properly. Nonetheless, when I look at the Icon for my wireless connection on the panel, it shows a '?', indicating that I am not connected.

When I select that icon a dropdown appears containing the following:

Click image for larger version

Name:	snapOfWiFiDpDn.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	649038

Notice the first option. I do not know when or how that appeared on my computer. I have tried to connect using that option, but it never makes a connection. I would like to remove it.

The second option is my wireless identification, STEVEN-WIFI. When I select connect, nothing happens. It used to connect and the word 'disconnect' would appear where the connect option shows.

Thanks for any reply
    Last edited by Shabakthanai; Sep 03, 2015, 02:18 PM. Reason: missed a misspelled word.

It may be worth un-ticking the wifi symbol and then ticking it again to disable and re-enable the wifi. A similar thing would occasionally happen when I was running Debian with a Netgear wifi card.
    Last edited by elijathegold; Sep 03, 2015, 02:58 PM. Reason: Not Intel but Netgear
    If you're sitting wondering,
    Which Batman is the best,
    There's only one true answer my friend,
    It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

Working...
    X