X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Icon positioning across desktop themes

Originally, I was using oxygen as a theme. I am now using oxyglass

I positioned all my icons on a desktop using oxygen, but have now created another icon under oxyglass.

I note that the background (widgets unlocked) is much larger in oxyglass compared with oxygen, hence, when I try to position the new icon (oxglass) close to the desktop border it pushes away. At present, I have moved my other icons to match the new icon position.

I was wondering if it is possible to make the background smaller in the new icon (under oxyglass) so that it matches the oxygen size backgrounds, or not, because it is naturally different (larger) and unalterable?

Thanks
    kubuntu version: 16.04.5 LTS

Laptop: Toshiba-Satellite-L350

This is specific to the theme, there is a border graphical element that iirc is used by some themes for rounded corners and widget spacing. You'd have to go into the theme and find the relevant svg image and edit that. Well over capabilities, so I never looked at how do do this.

There may have been theme creating/editing tools out there, not sure if they still are around.

Sent from my LG G4

Comment

Also, you can mix and match different plasma theme elements in the plasma theme section, there is a tab just for this. You can use one theme for the panel and another one for other parts.

Sent from my LG G4

Comment

Thank you

Probably best not to use oxygen as part of any mix bearing in mind the incompatibility with bluegriffon

I have just looked at the themes and note that all are using oxyglass. For some reason oxygen is not listed in the dropdown menus, eventhough it is installed!
        Last edited by anonprivate; Sep 01, 2015, 03:11 AM.
        kubuntu version: 16.04.5 LTS

Laptop: Toshiba-Satellite-L350

Comment

Working...
        X