Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

double click the bluegriffon file, or try ./bluegriffon from a terminal in that folder.
    Last edited by claydoh; Aug 30, 2015, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Install ibus from the repository and then retry installing BlueGriffon
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I tryed to test this for you ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I DL'ed the bluegriffon-1.7.2.99.Ubuntu14.04.x86_64.tar.gz ,,,,,,,,, put it in ~/Documents/build and rite click and extract hear autodetect subfolder

Code:
        vinny@vinny-Bonobo-Extreme:~/Documents/build$ ls
        bluegriffon  bluegriffon-1.7.2.99.Ubuntu14.04.x86_64.tar.gz
        it contained

Code:
        vinny@vinny-Bonobo-Extreme:~/Documents/build/bluegriffon$ ls
        application.ini  components          extensions   libfreebl3.so     libnssckbi.so   libsmime3.so    modules                 res
        bluegriffon      defaults            greprefs.js  libmozalloc.so    libnssdbm3.so   libsoftokn3.so  mozilla-xremote-client  run-mozilla.sh
        bluegriffon-bin  dependentlibs.list  hyphenation  libmozsqlite3.so  libnssutil3.so  libssl3.so      nsinstall               shlibsign
        chrome           dictionaries        js           libnspr4.so       libplc4.so      libxul.so       platform.ini            xpcshell
        chrome.manifest  distribution        js-gdb.py    libnss3.so        libplds4.so     mangle          plugin-container
        click the bluegriffon (it's a shell script) and it will open ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BUT clicking anything on the open bluegriffon window and it closes ?

installed ibus restarted and no difference .

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

You could also just learn HTML and CSS. They arent that hard to learn and making a website from scratch gives you a lot more freedom. Plus, the end result is usually better. WYSIWYG editors typically create pretty lousy markup.

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
            I tryed to test this for you ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I DL'ed the bluegriffon-1.7.2.99.Ubuntu14.04.x86_64.tar.gz ,,,,,,,,, put it in ~/Documents/build and rite click and extract hear autodetect subfolder

Code:
            vinny@vinny-Bonobo-Extreme:~/Documents/build$ ls
            bluegriffon  bluegriffon-1.7.2.99.Ubuntu14.04.x86_64.tar.gz
            it contained

Code:
            vinny@vinny-Bonobo-Extreme:~/Documents/build/bluegriffon$ ls
            application.ini  components          extensions   libfreebl3.so     libnssckbi.so   libsmime3.so    modules                 res
            bluegriffon      defaults            greprefs.js  libmozalloc.so    libnssdbm3.so   libsoftokn3.so  mozilla-xremote-client  run-mozilla.sh
            bluegriffon-bin  dependentlibs.list  hyphenation  libmozsqlite3.so  libnssutil3.so  libssl3.so      nsinstall               shlibsign
            chrome           dictionaries        js           libnspr4.so       libplc4.so      libxul.so       platform.ini            xpcshell
            chrome.manifest  distribution        js-gdb.py    libnss3.so        libplds4.so     mangle          plugin-container
            click the bluegriffon (it's a shell script) and it will open ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BUT clicking anything on the open bluegriffon window and it closes ?

installed ibus restarted and no difference .

VINNY
            I downloaded the latest stable releaee file from bluegriffon.org, a 13.04 binary package. Looks like you grabbed a "nightly" build, but it still seems to run fine here, ibus shouldn't make a difference. Though I am on 15.10.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
              I downloaded the latest stable releaee file from bluegriffon.org, a 13.04 binary package. Looks like you grabbed a "nightly" build, but it still seems to run fine here, ibus shouldn't make a difference. Though I am on 15.10.
              yes I did grab a nightly ,,,,,as it was the file the OP had in post #14

I was just trying to see if it would run for him @hear and my "test" was on 14.04

however it seems to run on 15.10 ,,,,,,but I do not know what to do with it ,,,,,,LOL

VINNY
              Last edited by vinnywright; Aug 30, 2015, 08:35 PM.
              i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
              16GB RAM
              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I am making some progress. I downloaded the 1.7.2 version, extracted it and clicked on bluegrffon. The programme started, but closes when I click on a menu.

I ran the programme in the terminal and noted the following message:

andrew@andrew-Dell-DM061:~/Downloads/bluegriffon$ ./bluegriffon

(process:4531): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed
                *** LOG addons.xpi: startup
                *** LOG addons.xpi: checkForChanges
                *** LOG addons.xpi: No changes found
                *** LOG addons.xpi-utils: Opening database
                ###!!! ABORT: X_CreatePixmap: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation); 4 requests ago: file /home/glazou/trees/official1.7/toolkit/xre/nsX11ErrorHandler.cpp, line 157
                ###!!! ABORT: X_CreatePixmap: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation); 4 requests ago: file /home/glazou/trees/official1.7/toolkit/xre/nsX11ErrorHandler.cpp, line 157
                Segmentation fault (core dumped)
                andrew@andrew-Dell-DM061:~/Downloads/bluegriffon$

UNQUOTE

It look like I have insufficient resources (I have 1 GB of RAM).

I'll try closing some windows.

The programme although extracted is not installed, maybe it needs to be installed?

If you agree, what command should I use for the extracted file?

Thanks
                kubuntu version: 16.04.5 LTS

Laptop: Toshiba-Satellite-L350

Comment

It does not require installation, it is self-contained.

The crash is possibly related to the gtk theme.
                  searching on ABORT: X_CreatePixmap: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation) seems to indicate that switching to a different gtk theme in System Settings may prevent this. The stock theme for making gtk apps look good in KDE is oxygen-gtk, Switching to a different one may help. It also may explain the lack of crashing for me in 15.10 as plasma 5 does not use oxygen-gtk.

Comment

I think that you are right.

I was using Oxygen. I am now using SkyBlue and am not experiencing crashes.

I don't like skyblue, or the other options I have, so I need to search for a theme rather like oxygen or at least one that gives a better appearance.

When you say it is self-contained, I think that this means I can just move it to a folder of choice and create an icon link.

Best wishes.

Comment

The OP's attempt to install BlurGriffon failed because the install script couldn't find the ibus.
                      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                        The OP's attempt to install BlurGriffon failed because the install script couldn't find the ibus.
                        The OP's attempt to install BlueGriffon failed because of dependency problems with an old package, the ibus message is just a junk informational message from using kdesudo instead of sudo with dpkg.

Comment

Originally posted by anonprivate View Post
                          I think that you are right.

I was using Oxygen. I am now using SkyBlue and am not experiencing crashes.

I don't like skyblue, or the other options I have, so I need to search for a theme rather like oxygen or at least one that gives a better appearance.

When you say it is self-contained, I think that this means I can just move it to a folder of choice and create an icon link.

Best wishes.
                          Look for oxygen-molecule, I can't think of any other usable gtk2 themes that are not so terrible.
                          Last edited by claydoh; Aug 31, 2015, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                            Look for oxygen-molecule, I can't think of any other usable gtk2 themes that are not so terrible.
                            I found Oxyglass which works with bluegriffon and looks the same as oxygen.

Out of interest, I will look at oxygen-molecule.

Regarding bluegriffon, have you noticed how difficult it is to read the menus, have you found a solution to this problem? I had a look in the preferences, but could not see a menu background control.

For some reason, I can't post on the Google bluegriffon newsgroup - the recommended contact for help.

Best wishes.

Comment

Working...
                            X