Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Without my printer for over a year, I am attempting a reinstall and need help.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without my printer for over a year, I am attempting a reinstall and need help.

Lazerjet Brother HL2270DW wireless.

I have had this printer working previous to the current attempt to install. I exhausted all efforts including forum help about a year ago, but I would like to get it installed once more if possible. I have needed it so many times.

When I opened System Settings>Hardware>Printers and selected Add a New Printer, I get the below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	selectaprinter.png
Views:	1
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	649030

None of the items offered reflect my Brother Wireless Printer; I remember in the past that my printer was offered at this step, however the correct drivers were never offered, and I had to use a driver from a similar described printer to get it to work.

I purchased 2 new Laser Toner Cartridges and installed one to make sure I have appropriate toner in the printer.

This type of installation has always been difficult for me in the past; I get confused pretty quickly. Any help will be much appreciated, keeping in mind I need the steps and details to be successful. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to try to help.

My computer is a Toshiba Laptop A505 S6965, Intel dual-core 2300Mhz w/8GB RAM. I am running Kubuntu 14.10.

This is my only computer right now, my PC has hardware problems that I am also trying to repair.

Hi Shabakthanai,

This seems straightforward to me: http://askubuntu.com/questions/22630...-laser-printer
    The first reply seems to be the best.

This was helpful too: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2249294

And Brothers Linux page for that printer here: http://support.brother.com/g/b/downl...0dw_all&os=128

Hope that is useful to you.
    Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Hi Rod, sorry to be so long. I followed your 1st instruction and got the following results: I didn't make screen prints until I was stopped by "what to do next". I tried to retrace my steps to copy the steps that were tried but got confused and was unable to find them.

Name:	WillYouSpecifyTheDeviceURI.jpg
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	643010

Name:	DeviceURIresult.jpg
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	643009

I google searched to try to find what I might select, and it appeared that 'lpd' might be the proper choice; it wasn't; then I selected ipp, because that appeared to be the second choice, and got what appears on the second screen print.

I am getting pretty confused right now and don't know what to do next. Can you see what I should do, or have I confused you with my incorrect choices? Thanks if you can help, my friend. It sure is good to hear from you.

I would have gone to your next recommendation, but it looked like I was making progress, so I wanted to complete this step before moving on.

On a personal note, my doctor has prescribed a new medication that seems to be correcting and restoring health. I am able to walk better again, like about 10 to 15 years ago. I have much reduced pain too, however the medication comes with many uncomfortable side-effects. I finally stopped the med and the side-effects have not returned while the benefits remain, so maybe I will live a little longer. In any event, my future looks much stronger for an old salt. For a while there, it looked like my time was close to ending.

Comment

Working...
      X