This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to add applications to my favorites menu in Kubuntu 15.04

When I attempt to add an application to my Favorites tab in the main menu, I right-click on the application to add it to Favorites, but it phases through that process so fast that I cannot move to the Add to Favorites choice. Thanks for any solution to the problem.

Are you using the "Application Menu - A launcher based on cascading popup menus" or the "Application launcher"?

With the "application launcher", the default, I wasn't able to add applications to the favourites; right clicking produced nothing. I switched to the other, and favourites worked on it. I switched by right-clicking the K menu and clicking "Alternates".

In attempting to see if I could help you, I found that I couldn't switch back using "Alternates". So I added an "Application launcher" widget alongside the "application menu" one, and add to favourites works on it. So, maybe if you add a new "application launcher" widget, add to favourites will work for it. If it works ok, then you could remove the old one.
    Regards, John Little

Comment

I think he means that when he right clicks to attempt to select "add to favorites", when he tries to move the mouse over to that option, it goes away before he gets there.

Sent from my LG G4

Comment

Claydoh understands. This is my problem.

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
        I think he means that when he right clicks to attempt to select "add to favorites", when he tries to move the mouse over to that option, it goes away before he gets there.

Sent from my LG G4

Comment

Claydoh understands. This is confusing to me, but thanks for trying.

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
          Are you using the "Application Menu - A launcher based on cascading popup menus" or the "Application launcher"?

With the "application launcher", the default, I wasn't able to add applications to the favourites; right clicking produced nothing. I switched to the other, and favourites worked on it. I switched by right-clicking the K menu and clicking "Alternates".

In attempting to see if I could help you, I found that I couldn't switch back using "Alternates". So I added an "Application launcher" widget alongside the "application menu" one, and add to favourites works on it. So, maybe if you add a new "application launcher" widget, add to favourites will work for it. If it works ok, then you could remove the old one.

Comment

Working...
          X