X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Libreoffice ppa not refreshing [stuck at 4.4.3]

Hi all,
    I run Kubuntu 14.10 on an HP Laptop. I can't seem to update to Libreoffice 5.0: when I include the libreoffice ppa (ppa:libreoffice/ppa), whether through Muon Package Manager or directly via command line, when I update there is no sign of a Libreoffice version more recent than 4.4.3 (which came with 14.10).
    Any idea welcome!
    Many thanks,
    F.

The reason why you cannot upgrade to LibreOffice 5.0 using that ppa is probably down to the maintainer of that ppa not having compiled LibreOiffice 5.0 for that ppa.

Have you tried the instructions here?
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/65679...-5-0-in-ubuntu

Comment

Nick, thank you for the link. This worked for me:

sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:libreoffice/ppa
      sudo apt-get update
      sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
      Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.10.2, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Thanks Nick. I have installed the ppa:libreoffice/ppa, which contains the Libreoffice 5.0 packages from what I can see on the ppa, but my system doesn't upgrade, it stays at 4.4.3.
        I installed the libreoffice-5-0 ppa, and got the following error from apt-get update:
        Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/libreoffice...-i386/Packages 404 Not Found
        I suspect that there is a configuration problem somewhere in my system, because I also realised that the kubuntu backports ppa isn't working ...
        Cheers,
        F.

Comment

I wonder if this is because 14.10 is end-of-life? The ppa maintainers simply are not providing packages for Utopic 14.10

Sent from my LG G4

Comment

Thanks Claydoh. I have another machine with 15.04, I'll try that.
            Many thanks all for the assistance.
            Cheers,
            F.

Comment

Working...
            X