• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a couple questions on Okular

(1)

How can I hide the sidebar?

(2)

I don't use bookmarks on pdf files, but as an experiment I bookmarked a page of a pdf using Okular. As there wasn't any config file saved to the directory in which I had that pdf, does this mean that adding bookmarks alters the pdf document itself?
    I run Kubuntu 18.04 LTS.

Documents & KDE4 directory structure

Mature KDE applications have a dockbook included - the handook can be viewed by pressing the F1 when the application window is active.

By the Okular Handbook:
    To open Bookmarks view click on Bookmarks item on the Navigation Panel. If the Navigation Panel is not shown, use Settings → Show Navigation Panel (F7)

The 'Settings → Show Navigation Panel (F7)' will show/hide the panel.

KDE4 applications are saving the application configuration information to the /home/<USERNAME>/.kde/share/config/... and /home/<USERNAME>/.kde/share/apps/...

The Okular bookmark information is saved to the /home/<USERNAME>/.kde/share/apps/okular/bookmarks.xml.

Last edited by Wheel Inventor; Jul 26, 2015, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Thanks, but the F7 toggle hides the entire navigation panel. I just wanted to hide this part of it. Is that possible?

Bookmark metadata in ~/.kde/share/apps/okular/bookmarks.xml. Got it; thanks.
      I run Kubuntu 18.04 LTS.

Comment

Working...
      X