Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I change the font size in kdesudo dolphin?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I change the font size in kdesudo dolphin?

I no longer can read the default font size when I open kdesudo dolphin. When I include Zoom +/- in the menu, it increases the size of the fonts in the window except in the Menu and the box at the left of the main window which includes items like home, root, etc. I would like to be able to read those areas too, but I cannot find any way to reconfigure the fonts for those areas. Thank you.

I ran it from terminal just now it apparently doesn't seem to have a problem saving the settings on my end. I am running 14.10 version 4.13.3 of Dolphin. The only warning I get in terminal is;

QLayout: Cannot add null widget to QVBoxLayout/
    QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to PreviewsSettingsPage "", which already has a layout

I used CTRL + mouse wheel and zoomed in and out just fine. The panel on the left; "Places" if you right click an icon and go to "icon size" on the sub menu. I set mine to huge.

Comment

I would prefer increasing the font size for the menu and the different identities of the items in the menu that includes Devices. When in their default size, I cannot read them anymore. Thanks if you have the answer!

Originally posted by Simon View Post
      I ran it from terminal just now it apparently doesn't seem to have a problem saving the settings on my end. I am running 14.10 version 4.13.3 of Dolphin. The only warning I get in terminal is;

QLayout: Cannot add null widget to QVBoxLayout/
      QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to PreviewsSettingsPage "", which already has a layout

I used CTRL + mouse wheel and zoomed in and out just fine. The panel on the left; "Places" if you right click an icon and go to "icon size" on the sub menu. I set mine to huge.

Comment

To change font or their sizes in KDE (plasma-desktop)
        1. Select Tools option in menu
        2. Select System Settings
        3. Select Application Appearance
        4. Select Fonts option
        5. Choose font and / or size of each item in the displayed list
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Guest; Jul 19, 2015, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Please open "kdesudo dolphin" and see if you get larger fonts in the menu and in the left devices box. I don't have the problem when I just open "dolphin" just in "kdesudo dolphin". When in superusers status it is more important to be able to see than in non-root situations. I am having my troubles reading the menu print in the root version of dolphin. Maybe your version of Kubuntu adjusts the font in the kdesudo dolphin, mine doesn't. When I open tools, there are only 2 choices, I believe it says "Choose Filter Bar" and the other I cannot make out. There is no "Select System Settings" menu. If you are talking about "System Settings" in the Start Panel, those settings apply to Dolphin, but in my computer they have no affect on the menu or device area of "kdesudo dolphin".

I am seeing an eye doctor on Monday, so maybe I will get help there, but the superuser menu of dolphin is too small for me to read at the moment. Thanks for the input, friend.
          Originally posted by NickStone View Post
          To change font or their sizes in KDE (plasma-desktop)
          1. Select Tools option in menu
          2. Select System Settings
          3. Select Application Appearance
          4. Select Fonts option
          5. Choose font and / or size of each item in the displayed list

Comment

Sorry I mis-understood.

I don't have kdesudo installed as I have no need to run graphical apps as root. Any root activity I use is through the command line.

Comment

I wish I had your talent, friend. I mostly use GUI except installing aps and a few more common fixes. My problem is that I no longer can read 9 pt. print. I mostly have to guess what is written and hope for the best. Nevertheless, when I need to operate in root dolphin, I am at hazard for not being able to be sure what I think it says is what it actually says. Thanks for your kind help.

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
              Sorry I mis-understood.

I don't have kdesudo installed as I have no need to run graphical apps as root. Any root activity I use is through the command line.

Comment

Working...
              X