Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah you cant remove the battery from my phone too. And I always got gps on so yeah Google knows everything

Comment

Originally posted by timefox View Post
      I think not. But having my android phone always with me, it could be that they hear me having lunch
      Remember to chew with your mouth open, near the phone. It could only help.
      Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.10.2, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Yeah you cant remove the battery from my phone too.
        You could wrap it in aluminium foil... just saying...
        And I always got gps on...
        Even with GPS off, with wireless on, if you're near any wireless access point that any other phone has been near, or was on when the Google street map car came down the street, regardless of whether you can connect to it, your location is known. Even with wireless off, your telco has a good idea where you are, they can triangulate from the mobile base stations.
        Regards, John Little

Comment

That's all so scary, do you ever had a situation where google uses the infos against you?

Comment

Maybe I'm just lucky having had supported hardware and so on, but I have used Ubuntu since 8.04, and Kubuntu since 10.04 and never had system failure caused by operating system itself. All failures I've had wre either caused by me tinkering something that is not supposed to be tinkered, or once by failed hard drive. Same is true for every other Linux distribution I have used. And to be truthfull I can say same about my Windows usage since Windows XP (It's predecessors though suffered some spectacular system failures like trashed registry and so on).

Comment

@timefox
              That's all so scary, do you ever had a situation where google uses the infos against you?
              Personally and to my knowledge, no. The advice in my signature is simply a good general advice to avoid contributing to the Google database of search preferences. In a nutshell, they don't need to know what I am searching for and the Certainly have no right to sell the information to other people.

If you want to contribute to your own level of paranoia, you can do a web search (on more private search engine, such as startpage.com or duckduckgo.com) and look for how Google uses the data they collect. If this bothers you, then perhaps it would be better not to know? Ignorance is bliss?

@Modes Yes, I see the thread drift. Hope it's still ok to respond to the OP's questions.
              Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.10.2, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

I WANT THE TEARING TO BE GONE CAUSE ITS ENDLESSLY ANNOYING.

What I have done: (in /etc/profile.d/kwin.sh)
                export KWIN_TRIPLE_BUFFER=1 ->>>> Plasma starts, then crashes and the nice info "ksmserver could not be started, check your installation" AND WHILE PLASMA STILL WORKS, TEARING IS THERE
                export __GL_YIELD="USLEEP" ->>>> Plasma starts, then crashes and the nice info "ksmserver could not be started, check your installation" AND WHILE PLASMA STILL WORKS, TEARING IS THERE
                All kinds of combinations OpenGL2/3 ..... different vsync options.........
                Im clueless.

There is not an xorg.conf.d so theres no 20-nvidia.conf.........

Thats my xorg file from /etc/X11/xorg.conf
                Section "ServerLayout"
                Identifier "layout"
                Screen 0 "nvidia"
                Inactive "intel"
                EndSection

Section "Device"
                Identifier "intel"
                Driver "intel"
                BusID "PCI:0@0:2:0"
                Option "AccelMethod" "SNA"
                EndSection

Section "Screen"
                Identifier "intel"
                Device "intel"
                EndSection

Section "Device"
                Identifier "nvidia"
                Driver "nvidia"
                BusID "PCI:1@0:0:0"
                Option "ConstrainCursor" "off"
                EndSection

Section "Screen"
                Identifier "nvidia"
                Device "nvidia"
                Option "AllowEmptyInitialConfiguration" "on"
                Option "IgnoreDisplayDevices" "CRT"
                EndSection

Where to put the Option "TripleBuffer" "True"

I am at the end of any knowledge and at the end of my patience, that stupid ksmserver could not be started. relogging, still not started, rebooting, still not started, oh god and so on. So freaking annoying.

Comment

I HATE KDE NOW! ksmserver could not be started, KSMSERVER COULD NOT BE STARTED! ALWAYS! Sometimes I got a bit of luck, and I can login. Wohoo!!!!
                  What the hell is the ksmserver and how to find out why it doesnt start? Oh wait, why am I even thinking about it. The most easy thing to do is say goodbye to KDE.

Comment

I HATE KDE NOW! ksmserver could not be started, KSMSERVER COULD NOT BE STARTED! ALWAYS! Sometimes I got a bit of luck, and I can login. Wohoo!!!!
                    What the hell is the ksmserver and how to find out why it doesnt start? Oh wait, why am I even thinking about it. The most easy thing to do is say goodbye to KDE.
                    remove the kwin.sh and see if the ksmserver error quits .

if so then try the
                    Option "TripleBuffer" "True"
                    right under the line
                    Option "ConstrainCursor" "off"
                    in your xorg.conf

if that gives you bad results then remove it as well ,,,,,,,,,,,,if your ksmserver problem has been going on sense before you tried this (the /etc/profile.d/kwin.sh) then their are other problems that need to be worked out first.

VINNY
                    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                    16GB RAM
                    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
                    X