This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Plasma doesn't start!

After a plasma crash and rebooting my computer(because it stuck there in a constant black screen with some open windows,that I already had open, and I even had to force the restart manually since "sudo reboot" wasnt enought) and when it finally rebooted plasma don't start at all. I cant even summon the terminal with my assigned hotkey or throught krunner(using alt-f2 only showed the textbox on the screen but it was completly irresponsive) the only terminal I can use is throught ctrl-alt-f2 .

The last thing I did before the crash was "sudo dolphin" to move some .dll to /usr/ without using mv in the terminal, after doing that and closing dolphin plasma crashed and now I can't use the computer.

Is there any fix for this? What logs should I look? Please help!

'sudo dolphin' is a likely culprit here. use 'kdesudo dolphin' instead, in the future. Using straight sudo for gui programs can easily changes the permissions on files and folders, at the very least.

Try rebooting, but do not log in to plasma. Using ctrl-alt-f2 to switch to a vt, enter the following command to reset your files back to the correct ownership:

sudo chown -R your-username:your-username /home/your-username

Use ctrl-alt-f7 to switch back, and see if logging in works.

Comment

Thanks, the deskop seems a little buggy but it werks.

Comment

Working...
      X